Boiled egg Pav bhaji. Egg pav bhaji is an Indian street food dish that originated in Maharashtra. Pav or bread is toasted in butter and served with mashed vegetables seasoned with pav bhaji masala and a generous amount of butter. This recipe is a variation of normal pav bhaji with the addition of boiled eggs instead of.
While these seem extremely simple to make, I would say don't try these at home and even if you. Boiled Egg Bhaji is an interesting variation to conventional Anda Bhurji which is an Indian spiced version of scrambled eggs (not in exact terms). Bhurji-Pav is a staple for wide range of people in cosmopolitan cities like Mumbai where these items are prepared on food carts on streets. You can have Boiled egg Pav bhaji using 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Boiled egg Pav bhaji
- It’s of bhaji.
- You need of Boiling together-.
- You need of small potato diced in big pieces.
- Prepare of green peas.
- Prepare of carrot diced roughly.
- Prepare of florets of cauliflower.
- It’s of eggs boiled, peeled and mashed.
- Prepare of oil.
- You need of jeera.
- Prepare of hing.
- Prepare of large onion, finely chopped.
- You need of small tomatoes, finely chopped.
- Prepare of green chilies, finely chopped.
- It’s of pav bhaji masala.
- It’s of dhaniya powder.
- You need of salt (or to taste).
- Prepare of ketchup (optional).
- Prepare of butter or more as per taste.
- Prepare of chopped green coriander.
- You need of Pav buns.
- It’s of pav buns.
- Prepare of butter to pan fry.
- It’s of Ingredients.
- Prepare of onion chopped.
- Prepare of lemon cut in wedges.
Boiled egg bhurji recipe – a quick and easy boiled eggs bhurji that is a variation to the scrambled egg bhurji. This is a simple and healthy dish that Do you usually prepare egg bhurji by scrambling eggs? Why not try this boiled egg bhurji which is a different version of egg bhurji prepared with boiled eggs. Delicious and healthy egg pav recipe which is so yummy and is quick to make as well.
Boiled egg Pav bhaji step by step
- For the bhaji- In a pressure cooker add the potatoes, carrot, peas and cauliflower. Add ½ glass of water and cook for 3 whistles. Mash the vegetables. Boil the eggs, peel and mash them..
- In a kadai, add 1 tbsp of oil add jeera and hing, when jeera turns golden add the onions and sauté till light golden. Now add the tomatoes and green chilies, cook till the masala releases the oil..
- Add the pav bhaji masala, dhaniya powder and salt. Add the ketchup; Mix well. It is now time to add the mashed vegetables and eggs. Mix nicely. If you feel it is too thick add some water to get a semi gravy consistency. Add the chopped green coriander..
- For the Pav- Cut the pavs horizontally in two, heat some butter on a tawa and put the pavs on the tawa cut side down. Roast till golden brown. Flip and roast again..
- To serve- Serve the pav bhaji in a platter top with butter, sprinkle some chopped onions and lemon juice. Serve hot with crispy roasted buns..
This makes a great breakfast or lunch option. It is just toasted pav stuffed with a spicy egg omelette and served with chutneys. Similar Recipes, Masala Pav Tawa Paneer Masala Pav Bhaji Masala. Egg bonda recipe also known as egg pakora or egg bajji is a street food and is served as a snack. Recipe with step by step pictures.