Pav Bhaji. Pav bhaji recipe with video & step by step photos – A delicious blend of mix veggies cooked in butter & spices, served with soft butter tasted buns. Pav is an Indian bread and bhaji is mashed vegetables. Pav Bhaji is popular Indian street food where dinner rolls/buns are served with spicy mashed veggies topped with dollop of butter.
Pav Bhaji is a popular Indian street food. Pav Bhaji is made with potatoes and vegetables cooked in a tomato base, and enjoyed with pav or dinner rolls. We will make it in both Instant Pot and Stovetop. You can cook Pav Bhaji using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pav Bhaji
- It’s of Capsicum chopped.
- Prepare of Green Peas boiled.
- It’s of Cauliflower florets.
- Prepare of Onions finely chopped.
- You need of Tomatoes finely chopped.
- You need of Potatoes cut.
- Prepare of Green Chillies finely chopped.
- You need of Pav Bhaji Masala.
- Prepare of small bunch Coriander Leaves finely chopped.
- You need of Butter.
- Prepare of Red Chilli powder.
- You need of Pav Buns.
- It’s of Extra Butter for roasting the Buns.
Pav Bhaji is a favorite fast food dish in India. Pav is buns and bhaji is the mixed spicy vegetables. This is a very popular dish with roadside vendors. Both Pav and Bhaji are served together along with chopped onions and lemon wedge.
Pav Bhaji step by step
- Heat butter in a pressure cooker. Add Garlic mince along with the chopped Onions. Saute until light pink and translucent. Add the veggies one by one. Stir in for a while. Pop in the tomatoes at the end. Add all the spices along with the Pav Bhaji masala and saute for 3 to 4 minutes..
- Add a cup of water and pressure cook on a high heat for 5-6 whistles. Let the pressure settle down on it's own before opening the lid. Mash all the vegetables well. Adjust Salt and add more of Butter too. Garnish with coriander and serve hot with a generous dollop of butter..
- Enjoy with your loved ones on any day for a yummy Snacking time or even for dinner just like I did. It's a perfect Brunch idea too. Happy Eating!.
Pav Bhaji being native to Maharashtra especially to Mumbai is enjoyed globally. Pav Bhaji is the ultimate street food from Mumbai, a city that's always close to my heart. It's a mad mash of potatoes, tomatoes, onions, cauliflower, green peppers, green peas and spices, and you. Pav Bhaji is a a very popular Indian fast food dish common in Mumbai. Pav means bread and bhaji means mashed vegetable dish.