Mexican Shepard's Pie.
You can cook Mexican Shepard's Pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican Shepard's Pie
- Prepare of filling.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 3 slice of bacon strips, diced.
- It’s 1 small of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1/4 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 8 oz of Can Mexican corn, drained.
- It’s 6 cup of prepared mashed potatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mexican cheese, shredded.
Mexican Shepard's Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 9 inch pie plate..
- Cook beef over medium heat until done. Drain and set aside..
- Cook bacon, onion, garlic and oregano until bacon is done. Stir in tomato sauce, corn and beef..
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered..
- Spread half of potatoes on bottom and up sides of pie plate. Top with beef mixture and remaining potatoes..
- Brush with butter and bake for 20 minutes..
- Sprinkle cheese over top and bake additional 10 minutes..