Pav Bhaji. Pav bhaji recipe with video & step by step photos – A delicious blend of mix veggies cooked in butter & spices, served with soft butter tasted buns. Pav is an Indian bread and bhaji is mashed vegetables. Pav Bhaji is popular Indian street food where dinner rolls/buns are served with spicy mashed veggies topped with dollop of butter.
Pav Bhaji is a popular Indian street food. Pav Bhaji is made with potatoes and vegetables cooked in a tomato base, and enjoyed with pav or dinner rolls. We will make it in both Instant Pot and Stovetop. You can cook Pav Bhaji using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pav Bhaji
- You need of pavs.
- Prepare of grated cauliflower.
- You need of medium green chopped capsicum.
- Prepare of green peas.
- It’s of medium potatoes, boiled and peeled.
- It’s of pav bhaji masala.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of medium chopped onions.
- Prepare of ginger paste.
- It’s of garlic paste.
- Prepare of medium chopped tomatoes.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of red chilli paste.
- You need of chopped fresh coriander leaves.
Pav Bhaji is a favorite fast food dish in India. Pav is buns and bhaji is the mixed spicy vegetables. This is a very popular dish with roadside vendors. Both Pav and Bhaji are served together along with chopped onions and lemon wedge.
Pav Bhaji step by step
- Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a non-stick pan. Add onion, mix and sauté for a minute. Add ginger paste and garlic paste, mix and sauté well. Add tomatoes, mix and add salt, red chilli paste, mix and cook on low heat for 5-7 minutes. Add cauliflower, capsicum and green peas and mix well. Add pav bhaji masala and mix well. Reduce heat, add some water, cover and cook till vegetables are done. Mashed potatoes and add along with chopped coriander. Mash well with a masher..
- Add some water, mix, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. Slit pavs and apply butter on them. Heat 1 tablespoon butter on a non-stick tawa, sprinkle some chopped coriander and pav bhaji masala on it, place the pavs and roast them. Transfer the bhaji in a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves. Place the bowl on a serving platter and serve immediately with roasted pavs, chopped onion and tomatoes..
Pav Bhaji being native to Maharashtra especially to Mumbai is enjoyed globally. Pav Bhaji is the ultimate street food from Mumbai, a city that's always close to my heart. It's a mad mash of potatoes, tomatoes, onions, cauliflower, green peppers, green peas and spices, and you. Pav Bhaji is a a very popular Indian fast food dish common in Mumbai. Pav means bread and bhaji means mashed vegetable dish.