Pav Bhaji. Pav bhaji recipe with video & step by step photos – A delicious blend of mix veggies cooked in butter & spices, served with soft butter tasted buns. Pav is an Indian bread and bhaji is mashed vegetables. Pav Bhaji is popular Indian street food where dinner rolls/buns are served with spicy mashed veggies topped with dollop of butter.
Pav Bhaji is a popular Indian street food. Pav Bhaji is made with potatoes and vegetables cooked in a tomato base, and enjoyed with pav or dinner rolls. We will make it in both Instant Pot and Stovetop. You can have Pav Bhaji using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pav Bhaji
- It’s of Medium sized potato.
- Prepare of Carrot.
- It’s of Cauliflower.
- It’s of Chopped capsicum.
- It’s of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s of Chopped onions.
- It’s of Red chilli powder.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pav bhaji masala.
- It’s of Lemon juice.
- You need of Kasturi methi.
- It’s of Jeera.
- You need of Boiled peas.
Pav Bhaji is a favorite fast food dish in India. Pav is buns and bhaji is the mixed spicy vegetables. This is a very popular dish with roadside vendors. Both Pav and Bhaji are served together along with chopped onions and lemon wedge.
Pav Bhaji instructions
- Take a pressure cooker, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add jeera, saute for few seconds. Add cubed potatoes, cauliflower and peas..
- Take a pan and add 2 tbsp of butter to it. Add finely chopped onions and fry till they turn light pink..
- Add capsicum and tomato and fry..
- Add salt. Mix it well and add pav bhaji masala and red chilli powder and keep mixing it. Add a cup of water and simmer it for 1 minute..
- Add the ingredients of the pressure cooker to the pan and stir it well. Let it simmer for few more minutes and once the curry thickens keep mashing the ingredients..
- Add chopped coriander and mix it well. Bring the consistency to a thick gravy.
- Now take a tawa add butter and butter Toast the pav nicely..
- Enjoy bhaji with pav..
Pav Bhaji being native to Maharashtra especially to Mumbai is enjoyed globally. Pav Bhaji is the ultimate street food from Mumbai, a city that's always close to my heart. It's a mad mash of potatoes, tomatoes, onions, cauliflower, green peppers, green peas and spices, and you. Pav Bhaji is a a very popular Indian fast food dish common in Mumbai. Pav means bread and bhaji means mashed vegetable dish.