Pav bhaji. Pav bhaji recipe with video & step by step photos – A delicious blend of mix veggies cooked in butter & spices, served with soft butter tasted buns. Pav is an Indian bread and bhaji is mashed vegetables. Pav Bhaji is popular Indian street food where dinner rolls/buns are served with spicy mashed veggies topped with dollop of butter.
Pav Bhaji is a popular Indian street food. Pav Bhaji is made with potatoes and vegetables cooked in a tomato base, and enjoyed with pav or dinner rolls. We will make it in both Instant Pot and Stovetop. You can cook Pav bhaji using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pav bhaji
- You need of oil.
- You need of ginger garlic paste each.
- It’s of chopped onions.
- You need of chopped tomatoes.
- You need of green peas.
- Prepare of chopped carrots.
- It’s of chopped cauliflower.
- It’s of Potatoes (boiled & mashed).
- Prepare of pav bhaji Masala.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Lemon juice.
- Prepare of butter(To toast the pav & for garnishing).
- It’s of chopped coriander leave.
- You need of Pav.
Pav Bhaji is a favorite fast food dish in India. Pav is buns and bhaji is the mixed spicy vegetables. This is a very popular dish with roadside vendors. Both Pav and Bhaji are served together along with chopped onions and lemon wedge.
Pav bhaji instructions
- Boil cauliflower, peas, carrots and potatoes..
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Saute ginger garlic paste & then stir in onions. Cook until onions are brown. Add tomatoes, and cook until pasty. Stir in cauliflower, peas, carrots and potatoes. Mash them properly.
- Season with pav bhaji masala. Cover, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and stir in lemon juice..
- Toast the pav and spread lightly with butter. Serve garnished with chopped onion, coriander leaves & lemon wedges..
Pav Bhaji being native to Maharashtra especially to Mumbai is enjoyed globally. Pav Bhaji is the ultimate street food from Mumbai, a city that's always close to my heart. It's a mad mash of potatoes, tomatoes, onions, cauliflower, green peppers, green peas and spices, and you. Pav Bhaji is a a very popular Indian fast food dish common in Mumbai. Pav means bread and bhaji means mashed vegetable dish.