Auntie G's Topside Rump Roast.
You can have Auntie G's Topside Rump Roast using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Auntie G's Topside Rump Roast
- It’s 1 of large Spanish onion.
- You need 1-2 heads of garlic, to taste.
- You need 1 of large parsnip.
- You need 3 of medium carrots.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black peppercorns.
- It’s 3 sprigs of thyme.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare of To taste, freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 2.2 lbs of topside rump roast (preferably organic and free-range).
- It’s 6 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 200 ml of red wine (strong & fruity… Eg. Malbec from Argentina).
- Prepare 1 tsp of powder stock (vegetarian).
- Prepare 100 ml of hot water.
Auntie G's Topside Rump Roast instructions
- Chop the onions and garlic. Set aside..
- Roughly chop the parsnip and carrots. Set aside..
- Add half of the olive oil into a deep pot (we use Le Creuset). ***Make sure the pot can cook on the stove top and in the oven, and that it has a lid that can go in the oven. Heat on high and sear the rump on all sides. Set aside..
- Fry up the onions, garlic, parsnip and carrots in oil using the same pot..
- Create a divot and place the seared rump in the center. Add thyme and bay leaf..
- Create a mix: wine, stock, hot water. Stir thoroughly..
- Add wet ingredients into the pot. Season with salt, peppercorns and cracked black pepper. Add lid to pot (to seal in heat). Preheat oven to 200C and cook in the oven for 90 minutes. Bast the rump every half hour..
- Serve with vegetables (we had roasted potatoes & steamed spinach). Enjoy with the rest of your wine!.