Arabic Fatoosh Salad..
You can have Arabic Fatoosh Salad. using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Arabic Fatoosh Salad.
- It’s of small pita rounds.
- Prepare of olive oil, plus 2 tbs (120 mL).
- Prepare of salt,.
- It’s of chopped lettuce leaves.
- You need of medium cucumber.
- You need of cherry tomato.
- You need of radish, sliced.
- It’s of green bell pepper, seeded and diced.
- Prepare of fresh parsley.
- You need of fresh mint, chopped.
- You need of green onion chopped.
- Prepare of cottage cheese.
- It’s of lemons, juiced.
- You need of white vinegar.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- It’s of lemon zest.
- Prepare of black pepper.
Arabic Fatoosh Salad. instructions
- 1. Slice the pita breads in square pieces. Place the pieces on a non stick sheet pan. Brush with 2 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt. Bake for about 10 minutes until the outer side is golden brown. Let cool until they become crispy. Cut the cottage cheese in square pieces and shallow fry them till golden in colour..
- 2 Make three cuts lengthwise on each of the lettuce leaf, remove the stem and chop into smaller pieces. Rinse, drain and add to a large salad bowl..
- 3. Remove the seeds of cocumber, dice it and add to the salad bowl. Remove the seeds of tomatoes, cut into pieces and add them to salad bowl..
- 4. Now add the pieces of redish, capsicum into tbe bowl. Add parsley, green onoin and mint too. Toss to combine..
- 5. In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of oil, the lemon juice, white vinegar, crushed garlic, lemon zest and black pepper and whisk until well conbined..
- 6. Pour the dressing over the salad. Mix some pita squares in salad and save some for garnish. Place fried cottage cheese pieces on top. Your healthy fatoosh salad is ready..