You can cook Okonomiyaki using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Okonomiyaki
- Prepare of Batter.
- It’s 1 cup of flour (Okonomiyaki Flour if availible).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 300 grams of Cabbage, cut into 3cm x 2-3ml strips.
- It’s 2 of Green Onions, thinly sliced diagonally.
- Prepare 30 grams of Tenkasu (Tempura bits).
- Prepare 6 of Bacon/beef/cheese, cut into 8cm (3") pieces.
- Prepare of Optional.
- Prepare 100 grams of Raw shrimp cut into approx 1cm (1/2") chunks.
- Prepare 2 of Chinese sausage, cut diagonally.
- Prepare 30 grams of Beni Shoga (Pickled Ginger).
- It’s of Toppings.
- It’s 1 of Mayonnaise (Kewpie Mayonnaise if available).
- It’s 1 of Aonori (Seaweed Flakes).
- Prepare 1 of Katsuobushi (Bonito Flakes).
- You need of okonomi sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of of Ketchup.
- You need 1/3 cup of of honey.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of of Oyster sauce.
Okonomiyaki step by step
- If you don't have all the ingredients don't worry you can do without everything or find replacements..
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and water until smooth.
- Add Eggs, Cabbage, Onions, Tenkasu, Ginger, Shrimp and Sausage and mix, but don't over mix..
- Oil a griddle that has been heated to 200C (400F) and add Okonomiyaki mixture divided into two pancakes..
- Using a spatula flatten and form pancakes until around 1.5cm (3/4") thick – approximately 30cm (12") across..
- Add Bacon/beef/cheese pieces to cover top of each pancake..
- After about 3 minutes, flip over pancake (bacon side down) and cook for 4 minutes..
- Flip pancake again (bacon/beef/cheese side up) and cook for 3 minutes or until firm and well browned..
- Mix the Okonomi sauce ingredients.
- Remove to plate and drizzle with Kewpie mayonnaise, okonomi sauce and sprinkle with Aonori and Katsuobushi..
- Eat quickly before someone near you takes your portion..
- source+variations – http://okonomiyakiworld.com/best-okonomiyaki-recipe.html.