You can have Crab Bisque using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crab Bisque
- You need 1 cup of onion, minced.
- You need 1 cup of carrot, minced.
- Prepare 21 oz of chicken broth (2 X 10.5 ounce cans).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of flour.
- You need 6 tbsp of butter (can omit 2 Tablespoons in step 1, if using cooking spray).
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream (see note step 6).
- You need 1/2 cup of cooking sherry.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of salt and white pepper, to taste.
- You need 3/4 cup of shredded imitation crab meat.
- Prepare 1 of optional garnishes – chives, parsley, to your taste.
Crab Bisque instructions
- Saute onion and carrot in 2 Tablespoons of butter until soft. Set aside. (Can be done with cooking spray to reduce fat.).
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 Tablespoons of butter and add flour, whisking constantly over medium heat until roux becomes light brown (about 3-5 minutes). Be careful not to burn!.
- Slowly add chicken broth, while whisking constantly..
- Add onions and carrots, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Add cream, sherry, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and salt to taste. Simmer an additional 10 minutes. Add shredded imitation crab..
- A note about the heavy cream. I only used half of the cream and added 1% milk for the other half cup. Always trying to lower fat content without ruining the recipe…it still tasted great!!.
- Garnish with chives or parsley if desired..