Simmered Winter Melon, Imitation Crab and Okra.
You can have Simmered Winter Melon, Imitation Crab and Okra using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simmered Winter Melon, Imitation Crab and Okra
- It’s 1/4 of of one small gourd Touga (winter melon).
- It’s 400 ml of Dashi stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cooking sake.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Usukuchi soy sauce.
- It’s 6 of Okra.
- Prepare 5 stick of Imitation crab sticks.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 1 of Grated ginger.
Simmered Winter Melon, Imitation Crab and Okra step by step
- Remove the pulp and seeds from the ash gourd, and peel the skin. You can leave thick skin on if you like. Using a knife to cut a lattice design into the skin side will make them boil up faster, and make it easier to eat,.
- Cut it into approximate sizes, and boil until they become transparent from the broth (use a drop lid or aluminum foil with a hole poked in the center, and boil covered)..
- Rub the okra in salt, rinse with water after removing the downy hairs, and thinly slice..
- Once the ash gourd had become transparent, add the flavoring ingredients, and boil again over low heat for 8-10 minutes (the pot is covered with a drop lid in the photo)..
- Add the hand-shredded imitation crab and the okra from Step 3, add salt if the flavor is weak after it has thickened, and take it off the burner..
- Arrange on plates and enjoy it with ginger if you like. The coloring is beautiful thanks to the green okra and imitation crab. You can also easily make the broth with granules..