Shrimp + Grits w/ Pork Belly.
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, shrimp + grits w/ pork belly. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Shrimp + Grits w/ Pork Belly is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Shrimp + Grits w/ Pork Belly is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook shrimp + grits w/ pork belly using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp + Grits w/ Pork Belly:
- Take 2 lbs of wild 60-70 shrimp (medium sized).
- Prepare 4 of jalepenos, de-seeded and roughly chopped.
- Make ready 4 oz of high quality bacon or pork belly, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of Vidalia onion, chopped.
- Get 1 of lemon, juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Make ready 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 1/4 cup of Valentina hot sauce or to taste.
- Take 4 tbsp of butter (unsalted).
- Make ready 1/4 cup of water.
- Take 1 tsp of salt and cracked pepper.
- Take 4 of scallions, sliced, reserve extra for garnish.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped parsley (for garnish).
- Get of For the Grits.
- Take 1 cup of geechie boy grits (or wtv brand).
- Make ready 4 cups of water.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of butter (unsalted).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
Steps to make Shrimp + Grits w/ Pork Belly:
- Prep all the vegetables like peppers, onions, garlic, scallions, parsley and pork belly (this is so necessary).
- Add 4 cups of water to a stock pot and bring to a boil. Add in the grits and salt and stir. Once it’s at a boil reduce to medium low and keep stirring. Cook for 25 min..
- In a large saucepan on medium heat add the pork belly and cook until crisp and fat is rendered.
- Add the onions, garlic, jalapeños. Sauté for 2 min. Add shrimp (peeled and deveined) and season with salt and pepper). Cook for 4 minutes..
- Mix water and cornstarch in a bowl and set aside. This will thicken the shrimp and grits..
- Add the hot sauce, lemon juice, scallions to the pot and scrape the bacon bits on the bottom of the pan. Add cornstarch mixture and let come to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 min while finishing up grits. Fold in butter and turn off the heat..
- When grits have soaked up most of the liquid (add more water if needed) add in the cream cheese and butter and stir for 2-3 minutes until combined. Turn off the heat..
- Plate grits and top with shrimp mixture. Garnish with scallions and parsley and enjoy! 🤤.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? TAG @EATING_MYSELF_ALIVE_ATL ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #EATINGMYSELFALIVE.
Selecting The Best Foods May Help You Stay Fit And Healthy
When it comes to the foods that you eat, you will notice that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the various foods that you will acquire at all of those take out places. The foods that you receive from these fast food places are usually foods that are very unhealthy, loaded with fat and typically have little to no nutrition. On this page we shall be going over foods that you ought to be eating that can help you remain healthy and balanced.
Among the first forms of foods you need to be eating plenty of, is various berries. The very first thing you will find out about berries is just about any style of berry has a lot of vitamin C. One more thing you will understand is that the antioxidants in berries is actually higher than just about any other food that you may choose to eat and this can help with your circulatory system. You may in addition be aware that antioxidants can also help make sure you have healthy cells and it can additionally help to stop the deterioration of your cells.
While most of you have been told again and again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a very good reason why. You may already understand that many of the vitamins you need each day can be found in various vegetables, but you will also be able to find essential potassium in vegetables as well. One of the vegetables which will supply you with the potassium you’ll need is broccoli. You will in addition find that a salad, made with spinach as opposed to lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
Nuts as well as different seeds is a much better option when you are looking for a quick snack to enjoy. Most nuts will have a lot of protein and you can additionally find that many nuts and seeds will even provide your body with vital Omega-3 and Omega-6. Omega-3 and Omega-6 are called essential fatty acids and they’re essential because your body utilizes these kinds of fatty acids to keep your hormone levels where they should be. A few of these hormones that are needed are only able to be produced by having these fatty acids in your diet.
When it comes to sitting down to an evening meal you should also think about lean proteins as well as fish such as salmon. The reality that salmon is also loaded with Omega-3 is just one of the reasons it is a good choice, but it also contains other necessary nutrients you will need. Then when it comes to lean protein, you should remember that you only need to have about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. Additionally before preparing your steak you really need to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from consuming extra fat.
Furthermore when it comes to having a dessert following your meals you should consider having various citrus fruits. In addition to vitamin C, you will discover that there are many other health benefits that you will find in these fruits. Something you really should try for one of your desserts is actually to mix coconut with orange sections and top the mixture off with a teaspoon of honey.
If you decide that your overall health is important to you, you need to take these recommendations to heart. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can discover in any store is also not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.