Urundai Kuzhambu / Urundai Kulambu.
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, urundai kuzhambu / urundai kulambu. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Urundai Kuzhambu / Urundai Kulambu is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Urundai Kuzhambu / Urundai Kulambu is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have urundai kuzhambu / urundai kulambu using 27 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Urundai Kuzhambu / Urundai Kulambu:
- Make ready of For Urundai -.
- Take 1 cup of split bengal gram/chana dal.
- Prepare 0.25 cup of split pigeon peas/toor dal.
- Take 4 of whole dry red chillies (I have used spicy variety chillies. Yo.
- Make ready 1.5 teaspoon of fennel (saunf) seeds.
- Prepare 2.5 of medium sized onions (finely chopped).
- Get 1.5 handful of cilantro (coriander) leaves finely chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Get of For Kuzhambu -.
- Get 2 pinches of black mustard seeds (I have used the smallest variety.
- Make ready 1 pinch of fenugreek (methi) seeds.
- Take 0.75 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Make ready 0.75 teaspoon of fennel (saunf) seeds.
- Make ready 0.4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Make ready 2 teaspoons of red chilli powder (You can use Kashmiri red chilli p.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of coriander powder.
- Prepare 3.5 of medium sized onions (medium diced).
- Prepare 16/18 of curry leaves.
- Get 6/8 of large garlic cloves (about 4 teaspoons when crushed).
- Get 3 of large green chillies (add as per requirement).
- Take 3 of medium sized tomatoes (large diced).
- Get 0.5 cup of grated coconut.
- Make ready Half of piece of dry mango or 1 small lemon sized piece of tamarind.
- Prepare 2.5 tablespoons of oil (I have used olive oil. Traditionally sesame.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Make ready 6 cups of water (add as per requirement).
- Prepare of (1 cup = Rice Cooker measuring cup).
Instructions to make Urundai Kuzhambu / Urundai Kulambu:
- Prep Work – Clean, wash, and soak the half piece of dry mango in 2 cups of water for about 30 mins. Then heat it in the microwave oven for about 1 min. (Alternatively you can boil it on the stove for about 2-3 mins on low heat). Keep it aside for later use. Clean and cut the tomatoes as per requirement and keep in a plate for later use. In the same plate, also keep 1 large green chilli and grated coconut for later use..
- Prep Work – Clean, wash and soak both the dals separately in two bowls of water for atleast 2 hours. Rinse and drain the water from the dals with a strainer before use. the) Clean and cut the onions (two kinds as per requirement). Clean and sort the cilantro leaves (to be finely chopped before use), 2 green chillies (slit vertically at the centre), garlic cloves (to be crushed before use) and curry leaves as per requirement. Keep them all aside for later use..
- Prep Work For Urundai – Transfer the dals to a food processor jar. Add red chillies and fennel seeds into the jar. Grind them to a coarse paste. Transfer the grinded mixture into a bowl. Now into the bowl, add finely chopped onions, finely chopped coriander leaves, and salt to taste. Mix well with the help of your fingers. Shape them into small roundels. (I have made 14 small roundels). Leave some mixture (for about 2 roundels to be added in the kuzhambu later while cooking)..
- Prep Work for Kuzhambu – In a food processor jar, grind the grated coconut into a fine paste by adding few teaspoons water. Keep it aside in a bowl. Also grind the tomatoes and 1 green chilli into a fine paste. Keep it aside in a bowl..
- Steaming of Urundai – Steam the urundai (dal roundels) on idli plates in the microwave oven for 3 minutes by changing the racks once in between. I have not greased the plates with oil. Transfer them to a plate for later use. (Alternatively you can steam the urundai on idli plates on gas for about 10-12 minutes. Also grease the idli plates with some oil by using your finger tips before placing the roundels so that they do not get stuck to the plate.).
- Cooking of Kuzhambu – Heat a pan/kadhai/wok, and add 2.5 tablespoons oil. Once the oil is sufficiently hot, add the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, and temper them. Now add the crushed garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Then add diced onions, half of the curry leaves and a pinch of salt. (When you add salt while frying onions it fries them faster). the) Fry till the onions become translucent..
- Cooking of Kuzhambu – Now add the grinded tomato-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and coriander powder. Mix well. Fry till the masala is well cooked or oil starts leaving the sides. Add the left over dal mixture to the pan and mix it well. hai) Now add the dry mango piece with water into the pan..
- Cooking of Kuzhambu – Add 3 more cups water, salt to taste, and mix well. Boil for about 8-10 mins on low heat by covering with a lid. ke) Remove the lid, add the grinded coconut paste and 1 cup water. (Add water as per required consistency). Cover with the lid and simmer for about 2-3 mins on low heat. Remove the lid, and stir once. Check the salt by tasting the sauce, and if required add more salt. Mix well by stirring..
- Cooking of Urundai Kuzhambu – Now add the steamed urundai into the pan one by one. Turn them once so that they get soaked up on all sides. Then add the rest of the curry leaves and 2 whole green chilies. Cover with the lid and simmer on low heat for about 6-7 mins. The final consistency is medium thick..
- Switch off and set aside to rest for atleast 3 hours before serving. This tastes better after resting time as the masalas in the sauce blend well with the urundai. Also the flavours pick up after resting time. (The consistency becomes thicker after resting time) Before serving heat it to lukewarm temperature..
- Serve hot with steamed rice/idli/dosa with other accompaniments as per your preference during main. I personally prefer it with steamed rice and papadum..
- Please note: Cook time will vary based on stove, utensils used and equipments used for cooking (eg – microwave oven). The consistency of the gravy will become thicker after 3 hours resting time, so add water accordingly. Try it out and post your feedback in the comments section. ☺️.
Your State Of Health Can Be Effected By The Foods You Decide To Eat
On the subject of the foods that you eat, you will find that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food place. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are generally foods that are very unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nutrition. You will be pleased to know that we are goi
ng to inform you of a few of the foods that you should be eating every day.
Among the first sorts of foods you need to be eating plenty of, is various berries. The first thing you will find out about berries is just about any form of berry has a lot of vitamin C. Yet another thing you will recognize is that the antioxidants in berries is higher than just about any other food that you may choose to eat and this can assist with your circulatory system. Most people already know that cells begin to break down in time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet can certainly help keep your cells healthier for longer periods of time.
Yet another thing you will want to be sure of is that your having enough of is your vegetables as this will additionally be able to have a good effect on your health. Along with possessing a number of vitamins and minerals, you will additionally find that some vegetables in addition have potassium. As an example, broccoli has a lot of potassium to present you with your daily recommended allowances. Another thing you might like to try is the next time you make a salad try using spinach rather than your traditional lettuce as you will find that there are a lot more nutrients that can be found in those leaves.
Also when you are searching for a snack to hold you over in between meals, grab a handful of nuts or even seeds. One of several health benefits of these kinds of nuts and seeds would be the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be obtained in them. Omega-3 as well as Omega-6 are classified as essential fatty acids and they’re essential because your body makes use of these fatty acids to keep your hormone levels where they should be. Something you may not comprehend is that a variety of hormones that you need will only be able to be developed when you have these kinds of fatty acids.
Your main meals should also contain fish such as salmon or even lean proteins, as these will also be in a position to help your health. You will find that salmon can also be full of Omega-3 and other nutrients. Protein is essential for your diet, however you do not need to eat huge amounts, as a 3 ounces is all you really need. So that you can reduce your fat intake you really should cut off any noticeable fat before you prepare the meats.
Citrus fruit will be one of the better things that you can have for your desserts, as opposed to having a piece of cake or perhaps ice cream. Citrus fruits also present you with vitamin C, as well as other vitamins as well as minerals that can certainly help keep you healthy. One desert that I have always enjoyed is orange pieces blended together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a mild honey dressing.
For those who want to get started living a more healthy life the tips above can help you do that. Also if you eliminate all the processed foods that you really should not be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.