Major's venison chili. If venison is not available, substitute ground sirloin. Garnish with reduced-fat sour cream and/or reduced-fat shredded cheddar, if desired. This is an excellent chili recipe for game meats.
And I cooked it up! always follow my three. Venison Chili With Beer In It Recipes. Veggies and Venison ChiliCooking Up Clean. You can cook Major's venison chili using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Major's venison chili
- Prepare 1 lb of ground venison.
- It’s 28 oz of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of 14 oz kidney beans.
- It’s 1 small of onion diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
Never thought about sticking it in chili, will have to try that. I usually make stew from it, or use it I don't really like taste of venison. Venison Chili is a n amazingly spicy and flavored meat chili that you simply shouldn't miss! Try making some Venison Chili I am sure you will keep making excuses to dig into it!
Major's venison chili instructions
- brown venison, drain grease.
- combine remaining ingredients.
- stir in venison.
- simmer on low for 2-3 hours.
- serve with garlic bread and salad.
Many times I adjust traditional recipes using beef or lamb or pork for venison, but this Mexican masterpiece is a thing in Oaxaca, where this recipe. This recipe was developed for Christmas Hot Dogs but tastes great on its own as well. Spiked with cocoa and cinnamon, it's similar to a Greek or Cincinnati-style chili but not as aggressively spiced. Venison chili adds a depth of flavor that is superior to other kinds of meats. President Johnson knew this and it is noted that he requested the cooks at the White House to use only venison for his chili.