Venison stroganoff. Venison Stroganoff. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Stroganoff has traditionally been made with quality meat, sliced thin. With venison, thinly sliced pieces of backstrap mixed with mushrooms, shallots, dill and sour cream are the ticket.
The wild mushrooms pair especially well with the game. Ask to your local speciality butcher about cooking with venison and he might give you. Venison stroganoff features tender cuts of venison steak, mushrooms, and onions swimming in a thick and creamy sauce served over a bed of egg noodles. You can have Venison stroganoff using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Venison stroganoff
- It’s 7 oz of White rice.
- You need 1 of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 medium of red onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 lb of Venison loin.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Paprika.
- You need 10 oz of Mushroom.
- You need 1 of Parsley.
- Prepare 1 of Butter.
- You need 1 of Brandy.
- You need 1 of Lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sour cream.
- You need 1/2 of Cucumber.
Venison Stroganoff: Can you say delicious! This venison stroganoff recipe checks all those boxes, not to mention being a tasty dish your Start by cutting venison steaks into cubes. Then in a pie plate, mix together flour, salt, and black pepper. This is one of my favorite deer recipes.
Venison stroganoff instructions
- Cook rice, cover with foil allow to steam.
- Cook onion, garlic in olive oil. Set aside..
- Season meat with salt, pepper, paprika. On high heat cook mushrooms a few minutes, add meat. Cook for a few more minutes. Add parsley stalks, cooked onion and garlic. Toss and add butter and brandy..
- Light brandy, look like a bad-ass. Stir in lemon zest and sour cream. Season to taste..
- Top with parsley and chopped cucumber plus parsley leaves..
This video takes you through the whole process. Venison Stroganoff is easy to make and will be your favorite meals. Got a freezer full of venison? This creamy, earthy stroganoff skillet transforms lean ground venison into a delicious and unexpected dinner in about. Find the recipe for Venison Stroganoff and other recipes at SportsmansGuide.com's Guide Outdoors.