Bacon wrapped venison backstrap. Yes, we know venison backstrap is darn right delicious as a stand alone cut of meat, but every now and then it's nice to spice things up. A simple venison backstrap seasoned with salt and pepper, wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven until crispy perfection. You can also throw this bad boy on the grill.
Bacon wrapped venison backstrap is a match made in heaven. Here's a simple recipe that'll treat your palate to a tantalizing taste you won't soon forget. Bacon Wrapped Venison Backstrap is quite possibly my favorite meal that I make from a deer! You can cook Bacon wrapped venison backstrap using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon wrapped venison backstrap
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms.
- You need 3 piece of sausage.
- You need 3/4 packages of crumbly blue cheese.
- It’s 2 packages of bacon.
- It’s 2 large of venison backstrap (Loin).
- It’s 1 packages of Italian dressing or Terriyaki sauce.
It easily rivals the finest filet mignon, but it needs careful attention so you don't dry it out! I figure I spent enough hours sitting in the woods freezing my butt off I might as well take the time to make sure that. Venison backstrap is good enough as it is, but if you wrap the whole thing in bacon, then you take things to a whole new level of awesome. Stuffed Venison Backstrap recipe stuffed with a mushroom and bacon mixture, wrapped in bacon and smoked on the Traeger Grill.
Bacon wrapped venison backstrap step by step
- Marinate backstrap in zip lock Bag (Gallon size preferred) for at least 4 hrs I like to go 3-4 days if possible.
- Cut Natural casing of sausage.Break up with fingers and pan sear till crumbly and golden brown.
- Chop up Mushrooms (I like to use baby portabella).Saute with butter till reduced and cooked.
- Mix crumbly sausage, cooked mushrooms,and Crumbly blue cheese in a bowl.Refrigerat for now..
- Take your Marinated Backstrap and butterfly it.Cut it almost in half so it opens like a sub. Add your mix to the backstrap and fold over..
- Take your pieces of bacon and make a weave / blanket with the bacon.
- Roll stuffed Backstrap with Bacon Blanket ….
- Heat Grill up with Medium heat oil grate and place your Bacon wrapped backstrap on the grill. There will be flare up be prepared (cup of water helps) cook till bacon is crispy on both sides. 15-20 mins total Do Not over cook!!!!.
- Let Backstrap settle for 2- 5 mins an Enjoy! !!!!!!!.
The whole thing gets wrapped in bacon to hold it together and to add a little fat because deer is incredibly lean meat. Venison tenderloins trimmed into roasts are wrapped in bacon slices, roasted, and served with a creamy mushroom sauce in this elegant recipe. I moved the backstrap from the freezer into the refrigerator last night, when I went to cook it tonight it was still partially frozen. First time trying venison on the smoker. Put my rub on wrapped in bacon and dusted the top of the bacon with it.