Frito pie. Frito pie is legendary in the Southwest for being spicy, salty and cheesy fabulous. Here's my easy take on this crunchy classic. —Jan Moon, Alamogordo, New Mexico. Frito Pie has layers of Fritos™, chili and cheese for an irresistible Tex Mex casserole everyone will love.
Author and world traveler Anthony Bourdain created What exactly is Frito pie composed of? At its most basic, Frito pie is. Frito Pie is certainly not going to win any creativity awards for me, but it is a quick and easy You could also make this Frito Pie with canned chili, but I prefer to make recipes with mostly homemade. You can have Frito pie using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Frito pie
- It’s 1 of big bag chilli cheese Fritos.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef or ground venison.
- You need 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 head of lettuce diced.
- Prepare 1-8 ounce of bag shredded taco blend cheese.
- You need of Optional: sour cream,pico,salsa, guacamole (my Walmart sells guacamole salsa already made which is what I used).
Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner! You can dress up this pie with whatever toppings you prefer, but we chose to top this crowd-pleaser with sour cream and sliced fresh jalapeño peppers. Frito Pie is a satisfying and comforting meal that's so simple to make. Get the easy recipe with Someone said to me, you want a Frito Pie?
Frito pie instructions
- Cook the ground beef and drain. Season with taco seasoning..
- Now layer it ! Fritos, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato then whatever sauces or toppings! Have fun and make it a “Frito bar” on the table and let everyone gather around and make their own!.
I know if you don't live in the South, you. Your Kids will love this Frito Pie Recipe. Even if you don't have kids, you will love it too. It is very easy and delicious. — Music by: www.epidemicsound. I'm definitely in a fall state of mind.