Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, coconut shrimp w/ leek slaw over cajun grits. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook coconut shrimp w/ leek slaw over cajun grits using 37 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits:
- Take of Sprout and Leek Slaw.
- Prepare 6 of thick-cut bacon slices, diced (about 6 oz.).
- Make ready 1 of large leek, thinly sliced (about 2 cups).
- Get 1 lb of fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded (about 8 cups).
- Get 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Get 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Take 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Take 1/2 cup of chopped toasted pecans.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of thinly sliced fresh chives.
- Take of Shrimp.
- Get 3 lbs of 16/20* shrimp (*Denotes size of 16-20 shrimp per pound).
- Take 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Get 3 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 3 cups of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded coconut, unsweetened.
- Prepare 1/4 of pineapple, thinly sliced.
- Take of Vegetable oil, enough for deep frying.
- Take of Togarashi Vinaigrette.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- Get 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Take 1/4 cup of honey.
- Make ready 2 of thumbs ginger, peeled and minced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 of shallots, minced.
- Get 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of grapeseed oil.
- Make ready of Grits.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Make ready 1 cup of yellow corn grits.
- Get 4 tbsp of butter, unsalted.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Take 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Get to taste of salt and pepper,.
Steps to make Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits:
- For the grits:.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in the grits, Cajun and garlic seasonings and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook the grits until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, breaking up any clumps with the back of the spoon..
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the butter and then the cheese until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper..
- For the Sprouts Leek Slaw:.
- Cook bacon in a large, heavy skillet over medium until crisp, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the drippings in skillet; transfer 2 tablespoons of the drippings to a small bowl. Dice bacon, and set aside..
- Add leeks to skillet, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Combine leeks and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl..
- Add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper to reserved 2 tablespoons of drippings, and whisk to combine. Add to Brussels sprouts and leeks; toss to coat. Stir in chopped pecans, chives, and diced bacon..
- For the Vinaigrette:.
- In large mixing bowl, add rice wine vinegar, smoked paprika, honey, and Dijon mustard..
- Using a hand blender or whisk, slowly incorporate grapeseed and sesame oil..
- Finish with ginger, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper..
- For the shrimp:.
- In a mixing bowl, add panko bread crumbs and coconut. Mix together..
- Place shrimp in flour. Then add eggs and the panko bread crumb/coconut mixture..
- Fry shrimp in a 350° fryer for 2½ to 3 minutes until shrimp are cooked through. Shrimp should be golden brown in colour..
- Plate with grits in the center, surround the grits with the leek slaw, place several slices of pineapple in center, top with shrimp and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve and enjoy!.
The Meals You Select To Eat Will Certainly Effect Your Health
One thing that some of you may already understand is that by eating the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will get at all of those fast food places. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are usually foods that are very unhealthy, loaded with fat and generally have little to no nourishment. In this post we are going to be going over foods that you ought to be eating that can help you remain healthy and balanced.
One of the first types of foods you need to be eating plenty of, is various berries. The quantity of vitamin C that can be found in berries, is one of the principal reasons you ought to be eating berries. Additionally, you will find that berries have antioxidants which is not only beneficial to your circulatory system but also for your basic health as well. Another thing you will find that these antioxidants can help you with is actually keeping your cells healthy, this can help one’s body to fight off a variety of diseases.
While most of you have been told again and again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a really good reason why. Potassium is one of the things that you will locate in various vegetables, not to mention they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will additionally need. For instance, broccoli has a good amount of potassium to present you with your daily recommended allowances. You will also realize that a salad, made with spinach as opposed to lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
Even though some of you like to have your snack foods, instead of reaching for the potato chips try grabbing some nuts. You will come to find that these snack items are generally loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts and also seeds will have more than others. These types of fatty acids are necessary to helping your body produce the proper quantities of hormones your body needs for a healthy lifestyle. A few of these hormones that are needed can only be created by having these fatty acids throughout your diet.
Most of your meals should also contain fish including salmon or even lean proteins, as these will also be able to help your health. You will notice that salmon can also be abundant with Omega-3 and various other nutrients. And whenever it comes to lean protein, you should bear in mind that you only need about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. It’s also wise to trim off any fats that you f
ind on the specific meats that you’re planning to eat.
Everybody likes to have dessert following their meals and if you are one of those men and women you may want to consider some citrus fruit. Along with vitamin C, you will find that there are many other health benefits that you will find in these kinds of fruits. You may also want to mix a couple of things like orange sections, shredded coconut blended with a teaspoon of honey.
Following a number of the suggestions above you will notice that you’ll be living a healthier life. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can get in any store is also not good for you and alternatively you should be cooking fresh healthy foods.