You can cook Pad Thai using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pad Thai
- It’s of Pad thai sauce.
- It’s 9 tbsp of packed palm sugar, roughly chopped.
- It’s 9 tbsp of water.
- You need 4 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- It’s 6 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s of Pad thai.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried shrimp.
- Prepare 115 g of dried rice noodles, medium, soaked in room temp water for 1 hour then drain and cut into shorter pieces.
- Prepare 3 of gloves garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 85 g of firm tofu, cut into small bite-size pieces and pan-fried.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Choice of shrimp or chicken breast for protein.
- You need of Dried chili flakes.
- Prepare 2 of cuts bean sprouts.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare of Spring onions, cut into 2-inch.
- Prepare 1/4 of cut toasted peanuts, roughly chopped.
Pad Thai instructions
- To prepare the sauce, caramelize the palm sugar on a sauce pan over low heat but make sure not to push it too dark. Then add the water to stop the caramelization. It will immediately harden the sugar syrup but will eventually dissolve once the its heated up again. Add the rest of the ingredients then continue simmer until the sugar has been dissolved again. Set aside..
- Sear your choice of protein over medium heat. If you are using shrimp, take it out of the pan after searing so as not to over cook it..
- Add a little more oil and toss in the garlic, onion, dried shrimps, tofu and chili flakes. Saute for a couple of minutes until fragrant..
- Increase the heat and toss in noodles and sauce. Keep tossing until sauce has been absorbed. You may add a little water if the noodles is undercooked..
- Once noodles are cooked, push everything at one side of the pan. Put a little oil on the empty space and cooked the egg. Break the yoke then once slight cooked, toss in the noodles until all is well combined..
- Add the bean sprout, spring onion, half of the peanuts and the seared shrimps (if using). Toss well then turn off the heat..
- Serve warm with additional sidings of peanuts, chili flakes, bean sprouts, lime wedges (and some sugar according to taste)..