Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, tonkatsu or katsu curry. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have tonkatsu or katsu curry using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry:
- Take of Sushi rice:.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of rice (use more or less).
- Get of For the breaded meat:.
- Get 1 box of pork loin (contains about 4-5 pieces) or 2 chicken breasts cut in half longways (to make 4 pieces).
- Get of Salt & pepper for seasoning.
- Get 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- Get 2 of large eggs beaten.
- Take 1 cup of panko (Japanese breadcrumbs).
- Make ready 4-5 cups of vegetable oil, for cooking the breaded meat.
- Prepare of For the vegetables:.
- Make ready 2 of carrots, sliced into rounds.
- Make ready 1 of medium onion, chopped into quarter slices.
- Make ready 6 of button mushrooms cut in half.
- Get 1 of broccoli florets, sliced in half or use mangetout sliced in half.
- Make ready 5 of small Maris Piper potatoes, sliced in half.
- Make ready of For the curry sauce:.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Make ready 5 cups of boiled water (from kettle).
- Take 1 block of Japanese curry sauce (S&B Golden Curry Mix).
- Get of For garnish:.
- Get 1 tablespoon of black or white sesame seeds, sprinkle over rice (optional).
Instructions to make Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry:
- Add the rice to the rice cooker. Wash and rinse it a few times until it is no longer cloudy. Cook the rice and leave it there until ready for serving..
- Peel and slice carrots into rounds 0.5cm. Peel the onions and cut into quarter slices. Cut the mushrooms and broccoli florets in half. Slice the potatoes into quarters and set the vegetables aside..
- Boil about 5 cups of water in a kettle to save time. On medium heat, in a medium sized sauce pan place the carrots and potatoes. Add the hot water enough to cover the vegetables and cook until soft. In a colander drain the vegetables and set the carrots and potatoes aside..
- On medium heat, add oil in a wok and let it heat up for about a minute. Place onions in wok and sauté the onions until it becomes translucent, then add the carrots and potatoes and stir. Cook it for about a minute. Now add broccoli or mangetout and mushrooms and then the hot water (from kettle) enough to cover the vegetables. Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Add the block of the curry sauce (add more or less depending on preference). Let it simmer gently, turning down the heat to low for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally from time to time to prevent sauce and vegetables from sticking and burning. Then turn off heat and set aside..
- In the meantime as the curry cooks, prepare the pork by pounding each lion piece one by one until 0.5cm thick. Season with salt & pepper (add as much or little as you like)..
- In two separate baking trays place the flour in one (season with a small amount of pepper & salt – optional) and in the other the panko breadcrumbs. In a bowl gently beat the eggs..
- Take a piece of pork lion (I used pork) or chicken breast and fully coat it all over in the flour on both sides. Dip into the egg and let any excess egg drip back into the bowl. Then place the pork in the panko breadcrumbs and cover the meat with it on both sides (including the edges). Place this on a large baking tray. Repeat the steps until all the pork has been used and set aside..
- In a wok or large pot add oil for shallow frying the breaded pork. On medium heat let the oil heat up. Drop a piece of panko breadcrumb into the oil. If it sizzles then the oil is ready. Place a piece of breaded meat into the wok. Let one side turn slightly golden brown before turning. Once brown turn over. Turn once more..
- When golden brown transfer onto kitchen paper placed on top of a plate or tray to allow the excess oil to drain. Repeat the process until all meat has been used..
- Place one breaded pork or chicken piece onto a chopping board. Cut into several slices (place remaining cooked meat in oven, on low temperature to keep warm) or leave whole. On a serving plate, add the rice, place the sliced meat next to it. Then ladle the curry sauce either on the side or on top of meat and rice (add as much or little as you wish). Garnish with sesame seeds (optional)..
The Foods You Select To Consume Are Going To Effect Your Health
Many men and women do not understand that the foods you decide on can either help you to be healthy or can adversely effect your health. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the different foods that you will get at all of those take out places. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are foods that are very unhealthy, loaded with fat and generally have little to no nourishment. In this article we’re going to be going over foods that you should be eating that can help you stay healthy and balanced.
Your health can be greatly improved by simply eating a lot of berries. The initial thing you will find out about berries is just about any style of berry has a lot of vitamin C. Another thing you will understand is that the antioxidants in berries is higher than just about any other food that you may choose to eat and this can assist with your circulatory system. Another thing you will recognize that these antioxidants can help you with is actually keeping your cells healthy, this can help your body to fight off many different diseases.
Yet another thing you will want to be sure of is that your having enough of is your vegetables as this will additionally be able to have a good affect on your health. Potassium is one of the things that you will discover in various vegetables, and naturally they also contain many different vitamins and minerals you will also need. As an example, broccoli has a good amount of potassium to provide you with your daily recommended allowances. You will additionally find that a salad, made with spinach instead of lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
Nuts and various seeds is a much better option when you are searching for a quick snack to enjoy. One of many health benefits of these nuts and seeds will be the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be present in them. These types of fatty acids are essential to helping your body create the proper levels of hormones your body needs for a healthy way of life. A number of these hormones that are needed can only be created by having these fatty acids in your diet.
With regards to sitting down to dinner you should also think about lean proteins as well as fish such as salmon. You will recognize that salmon is also abundant with Omega-3 and various other nutrients. Now when you c
hoose to have a steak for dinner one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will provide you with all the protein you will require for the day. To be able to minimize your fat intake you should cut off any noticeable fat before you cook the meats.
Everybody likes to have dessert just after their meals and if you are one of those men and women you may want to consider some citrus fruit. In addition to vitamin C, you will find that there are plenty of other health benefits that you will find in these kinds of fruits. You may also want to put together a few things like orange sections, shredded coconut blended with a teaspoon of honey.
By simply following some of the suggestions above you will notice that you will end up living a healthier life. The pre packaged processed foods that you can get in any store is in addition not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh healthy foods.