Venison Steaks & Fruit Sauce.
You can cook Venison Steaks & Fruit Sauce using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Venison Steaks & Fruit Sauce
- Prepare 2 small of venison steaks.
- You need 1/3 cup of cranberry sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of applesauce (unsweetened).
- Prepare 1 pinch of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 2 pinch of black pepper.
Venison Steaks & Fruit Sauce instructions
- Mix the cranberry sauce, applesauce and cinnamon and set aside.
- Heat a skillet on medium high and melt the butter with the oil.
- Season the steaks with black pepper.
- Seal the steaks on both sides, then cook for 5 more minutes.
- While cooking, tip the skillet and use a spoon to scoop up the melted butter in the pan and pour it over the steaks.
- Turn off the heat and let the steaks rest for 3 minutes in the pan.
- Season the steaks with salt and more pepper.
- Take them out and put them on a carving board, let them rest for 2 more minutes.
- Slice the steaks across the grain at an angle, then lift onto a plate.
- Pour the juices from the carving board back into the skillet, stir and pour over the meat.
- Spoon the sauce onto the plate (you may want to warm it through while the meat rests).