Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, japanese katsu curry – chicken, pork & shrimp. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook japanese katsu curry – chicken, pork & shrimp using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp:
- Get of KATSU FRY:.
- Make ready 1 piece of Chicken Breast.
- Get 7 pieces of Shrimp.
- Prepare 2 pieces of Pork Cutlet.
- Get 1-2 pieces of Egg.
- Make ready 1 cup of All-Purpose Flour.
- Make ready 1 cup of Breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 2 cups of Oil.
- Get of Iodized Salt.
- Make ready of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of CURRY SAUCE:.
- Get 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Make ready 1 of bulb Garlic.
- Make ready 2 pieces of White Onion.
- Make ready 2 pieces of Carrot.
- Make ready 2 pieces of Potato.
- Make ready 1 piece of Red Bell Pepper.
- Get 1 liter of Water.
- Make ready 4 cubes of Curry Roux.
- Get 3 tbsps of Honey.
- Prepare 3 tbsps of Tomato Ketchup.
- Get of SIDES:.
- Make ready 3 cups of Rice.
- Take 3 pieces of Egg.
- Make ready of Fukujinzuke.
Steps to make Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp:
- PREPARE THE VEGETABLES: Chop the garlic. Slice the onion. Cut the carrot and potatoes into cubes, about 1-inch thick. Cut the bell pepper into squares, about 3/4-inch. ©homebasedchef.
- COOK THE CURRY SAUCE: Heat the pot over medium-high heat (160C). Add oil and sauté the garlic, followed by the onion. Add the carrots, potatoes and bell pepper and continue to stir for 5 minutes. Add 1L of water and boil for about 10 minutes. Lower down the heat (120C) and add in the curry roux. Mix very well to make sure that the curry roux are all diluted..
- Add in the honey and tomato ketchup and mix well. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure that the sauce doesn't stick on the bottom of the pot. The sauce will start to thicken. Turn the heat to low (70C) and continue cooking for 5-10 more minutes until the carrots and potatoes are cooked to your desired tenderness. You'll notice that the potatoes become smaller compared to its original cut size; the starch of the potato actually helps thicken the sauce..
- PREPARE THE MEATS FOR THE KATSU FRY: Make sure to wash the chicken, shrimp and pork with clean water and then drain them. To split the chicken breast in half: Place the boneless skinless chicken breast on a cutting board and hold it flat with your non-dominant hand. Then using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breast horizontally into two even pieces. Season with salt and pepper..
- To butterfly the shrimp: Pull off the heads and legs then peel off the shell leaving the tails on. Gently run the knife at the shrimp's back and remove the digestive tract or vein by lifting it out or by using a paper towel. If the vein breaks, run water through it to clean. Then make shallow slits on the shrimp to flatten and spread it like butterfly wings. Season with salt and pepper..
- To tenderize the pork: Make sure you have removed the skin to avoid curling when frying. Use the mallet to break up the muscle fibers of the meat. Do this on both sides of the meat until the thickness is reduced to half. If you don't have a mallet, you can use: a knife, a fork or your fist. Season with salt and pepper..
- BREAD THE MEAT: Prepare your breading assembly line. You need three bowls or containers – for all-purpose flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs. Cover the meat in flour and shake off the excess. Dip the meat in the egg. Cover the meat in breadcrumbs..
- COOK THE KATSU FRY: Heat frying oil in a pan. Make sure it is hot enough before you place your meat in it. To test, when you see the oil producing bubbles on the surface of the pan, drop a small piece of breadcrumb. If the oil reacts as desired, you can start frying. If the sample breadcrumb seems to absorb to oil, wait a bit til the oil is ready. Deep fry the meat until golden brown, make sure to flip on the other side for even cooking… chicken, shrimp and pork are pretty fast to cook..
- SERVE TO YOUR FAMILY: Curry is best served with steamed rice! Grab a plate, scoop a cup of steamed rice and spread it on the left part of the plate. Scoop a portion of the curry sauce, make sure to include potatoes, carrots and bell pepper and place it on the right part of the plate overlapping some of the rice. Place your preferred katsu meat on top of the curry sauce. And for the sides, you can add soft-boiled egg and fukujinzuke or pickled daikon radish. YUM!.
Your Overall Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Decide To Consume
Many folks do not realize that the foods you decide on can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the different foods that you will acquire at all of those take out places. You will recognize that the nutrition in these sorts of is non existent and the unwanted effects will be really bad. You will be happy to know that we are going to inform you of a few of the foods that you should be eating every day.
Your overall health can be greatly improved upon by simply eating a lot of berries. You will find that most berries have large amounts of Vitamin C that you must understand is good for your body. Yet another thing you will realize is that the antioxidants in berries will be higher than just about any other food that you may pick to eat and this can help with your circulatory system. Another thing you will notice that these antioxidants can help you with will be keeping your cells healthy, this can help your system to fight off a variety of diseases.
Although most of you have been told again and again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a very good reason why. Potassium is one of the things that you will discover in various vegetables, and of course they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will also need. For example, broccoli has a lot of potassium to present you with your daily recommended allowances. You will also discover that a salad, made with spinach instead of lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
Nuts and also different seeds will certainly be a much better option when you are trying to find a quick snack to enjoy. One of many health benefits of these nuts and seeds will be the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be obtained in them. These types of fatty acids are essential to helping your body create the proper quantities of hormones your body needs for a healthy way of life. Some of these hormones that are needed can only
be created by having these fatty acids in your diet.
When it comes to sitting down to an evening meal you should in addition think about lean proteins and also fish such as salmon. You will find that salmon can also be abundant with Omega-3 and various other nutrients. Then when it comes to lean protein, you should remember that you only have to have about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. So that you can minimize your fat intake you should cut off any obvious fat before you cook the meats.
Also when it comes to having a dessert following your meals you should consider having various citrus fruits. Along with vitamin C, you will realize that there are plenty of other health benefits that you will find in these fruits. A thing you may want to try for one of your desserts is to mix coconut with orange sections and top the mixture off with a teaspoon of honey.
By simply following a few of the suggestions above you will see that you’ll be living a healthier life. The one thing that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can buy in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.