Beef Pad See Ew. Pad See Ew – the popular Thai stir fried noodles straight from the streets of Thailand made at home! Pad See Ew, which means "stir fried soy sauce noodles, is an extremely popular Thai street food meal and probably the most popular noodle dish at Thai restaurants in Western countries. Pad See Ew is what I would consider Thai fast food, right up there with all of our favorite takeout noodle dishes–like lo mein, pan-fried noodles and Drunken Noodles.
It typically uses Chinese broccoli, a dark leafy green vegetable that has a stronger and slightly more bitter flavor than the common broccoli. Combined with slightly sweet mirin and spicy birdseye chilis, this quick and. Pad See Ew is one of my teenage daughter's favorite dishes so I have set out to learn how to make it. You can have Beef Pad See Ew using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Pad See Ew
- You need 300 gr of fresh rice noodles, soak in warm water, loosen the noodles with hands, make sure they’re not stuck together, drained well.
- It’s 150 gr of beef tenderloin, sliced.
- You need 150 gr of broccoli, cut, put into boiling water for 1 minute, drained, set aside.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 2 stalks of green onions, diagonally sliced.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder or to taste.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- You need 3 Tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
I used this recipe as a jumping off point following it mainly for the ingredient proportions. Instead of beef I used chicken and gai lan instead of broccoli. Fresh veggies, beef, and rice noodles sound like the most delicious take out at home meal from @thewoksoflife! Thai classic Pad See Ew is wonderfully chewy rice noodles and tender hunks of beef in all their glory. -@thewoksoflife.
Beef Pad See Ew instructions
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in the wok over medium-high heat. Add the beaten eggs. Gently scramble the eggs, remove from the wok, and set aside..
- Heat the rest of the vegetable oil in a wok over medium high heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant..
- Add beef. Cook until it changes color..
- Add rice noodles and broccoli. Stir well..
- Add sauce ingredients, salt, and white pepper powder. Mix well. Test the taste..
- Add scrambled eggs..
- Remove from the heat. Place it on the serving plate. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve warm. Yum! 😋.
Beef Pad See Ew is one of those takeout dishes that I'll very often get a craving for, but where I get mine, even though it tastes absolutely fantastic, I find that it tends to be extremely oily and to me that is a huge turnoff. I never was a fan of that "slippery" feeling that oily food leaves on my lips. Pad see ew is the perennial stable food for the Thai's. This chicken pad see ew recipe breaks down all the steps how to cook this flat Thai rice noodles. Beef will become tough if it is overcooked.