Red Wine Braised Short Ribs in Reduction Sauce.
You can cook Red Wine Braised Short Ribs in Reduction Sauce using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Wine Braised Short Ribs in Reduction Sauce
- You need 3 lb of bone-in short ribs.
- You need 2 of bacon strips.
- You need 3 tbls of olive oil.
- It’s 3 tbls of butter.
- You need 1.5 of large white onions chopped.
- It’s 3 of carrots peeled- and chopped.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks chopped.
- You need 2 of tomatoes chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbls of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbls of tomato paste.
- You need 3/4 bottle of red wine.
- Prepare 6 sprigs of flat leaf parsley.
- You need 5 sprigs of thyme.
- You need 3 sprigs of oregano.
- It’s 3 sprigs of rosemary.
- It’s 2 of fresh or dried Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic halved.
- It’s 2.5 cups of low sodium beef broth.
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs in Reduction Sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 215°..
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper and set aside..
- Heat Dutch oven on med low heat and add bacon strips. Cook the fat out of the bacon without burning the bacon..
- Remove bacon strips and store for snack later. Keep bacon fat in Dutch oven, add butter and set heat to med high..
- Brown short ribs on all sides, if needed work Browning multiple batches if necessary, cook should be about 8 minutes per batch..
- Transfer short ribs to a plate. Keep about 3 Tbsp. drippings inside Dutch oven. Can use a little more..
- Add onions, carrots, and celery to pot and cook over medium-high heat cook for a few minutes..
- Add tomatoes, stirring often, until onions are browned, about 5 minutes..
- Add flour and tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly, until well combined and deep red, 2-3 minutes..
- Stir in wine and cook off alcohol. Add the beef stock and bring to a boil..
- Add all herbs and garlic and some more salt if needed to sauce. Add short ribs with any accumulated juices to Dutch oven. Bring to a boil;.
- Cover Dutch oven and put in oven. Cook until short ribs are tender, 2–21/2 hours..
- Transfer short ribs to a platter. Strain sauce from Dutch oven into a sauce pan..
- Reduce down until it gets a good consistency but not too thick its not a gravy. Sauce should shimmering..