Shortcut Pepper Steak.
You can have Shortcut Pepper Steak using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shortcut Pepper Steak
- It’s 1 lb of boneless beef sirloin (thin strips).
- Prepare 2 cup of green, red, and yellow sweet peppers (strips).
- Prepare 1 medium of onion (8 wedges).
- It’s 2 clove of garlic (minced ).
- You need 1 can of Campbell's Beefy Mushroom Soup.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of cooked white rice.
Shortcut Pepper Steak step by step
- * Note that it takes about 15-20 minutes to cook this dish, once all of the veggies and beef has been prepped. So try to time your rice so that it's ready to eat at the same time..
- Prepare rice according to directions..
- In skillet/wok, over medium-high heat, stir fry peppers, onion, and garlic in 1 Tbsp of hot vegetable oil until tender/crisp. Remove and set aside..
- In same skillet, stir fry HALF of beef strips in remaining 1 Tbsp hot vegatable oil until browned. Remove and set aside. Repeat with remaining beef..
- In same skillet, combine soup, soy sauce, and ginger. Mix well. You can opt to adjust the soy sauce and ginger to suit your taste. Or you can substitute a Tbsp of oyster sauce and 1 teaspoon fresh, grated ginger..
- Return veggies and beef to skillet and heat through, stirring occasionally..
- Serve over bed of hot, cooked rice..
- * I've also made this using frozen peppers and/or onions. Although you can't beat fresh veggies, it really doesn't affect the flavor much..
- *** Recipe originates from Campbell's "Fabulous One-Dish Recipes" cookbook (1992) ***.