You can have Pork Menudo using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork Menudo
- Prepare 1/2 kg of pork cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1/4 kg of chicken or pork liver cut into cubes (or 1 small can of liver spread).
- It’s 4 of hotdogs sliced diagonally (or 1 can of sliced vienna sausages) optional.
- You need 500 grams of tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 4 of potatoes cut into cubes.
- You need 2 of carrots cut into cubes.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small can green peas.
- It’s 2 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of raisins.
- Prepare 1 of cooking oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 of sugar to taste.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Pork Menudo instructions
- Saute garlic and onions until garlic turns golden brown and onin is transluscent. Set aside..
- Cook pork cubes in oil for 15-20 minutes or until brown and tender. Add and cook chicken liver for 15 minutes or until it starts to break down a little in the edges or changes color. If using liver spread, add it after next step..
- Add and cook hotdogs or sausage. Add potatoes and water. Bring to boil and simmer until potatoes are cooked. Add carrots and green peas..
- Add sauted garlic & onion. Pour tomato sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce, and water. Add raisins, bay leaf, sugar, salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until sauce reduces..
- Serve with rice and enjoy!.