bacon wrapped smokies with butter and brown sugar. The brown sugar and bacon grease combine beautifully and give such a great taste. I put the brown sugar in a ziploc bag and shake a few pieces of bacon and a couple smokies then wrap them up. I also sprinkle more brown sugar on top before baking.
A great appetizer for a party or get together. This requires little time or ingredients and is a snap to put together. Cut bacon slices in half and wrap each smokie with a half strip of bacon. You can cook bacon wrapped smokies with butter and brown sugar using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of bacon wrapped smokies with butter and brown sugar
- Prepare 1 lb of bacon, cut into thirds.
- It’s 1 lb of Lil' smokies.
- Prepare 2 cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
Place all the wrapped smokies in a single layer in a baking dish, or rimmed sheet pan. Then melt the butter and brown sugar in a microwave, mix well and spoon a tablespoon or so over each. Pour the butter and brown sugar mixture on the smokies and bacon. Then take the other cup of brown sugar and sprinkle evenly over the smokies.
bacon wrapped smokies with butter and brown sugar instructions
- preheat oven to 375°f.
- cut bacon into 1/3s, wrap each smokie.
- place into baking dish in a single layer.
- melt butter and combine with 1 cup Brown Sugar, stir until mixed well.
- pour overt smokies in baking dish. Sprinkle remaining Brown Sugar evenly over top of the smokies..
- bake 15-20 min. Then turn up heart to 400°f and bake about 5 min longer, or until bacon crisps.
Bacon Wrapped Smokies are the ultimate holiday and game day hors d'oeuvre! The combination of smokey sausage and sweet brown sugar glazed Pour the brown sugar/butter glaze over the smokies and then sprinkle the smokies with brown sugar. These bacon wrapped smokies with brown sugar make a great appetizer! They are easy to make and can easily be made ahead of time because they Cut Bacon into thirds. Combine cayenne pepper and brown sugar.