Parangikaai Kuzhambu / Yellow pumpkin in tamarind sauce.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, parangikaai kuzhambu / yellow pumpkin in tamarind sauce. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Parangikaai Kuzhambu / Yellow pumpkin in tamarind sauce is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Parangikaai Kuzhambu / Yellow pumpkin in tamarind sauce is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have parangikaai kuzhambu / yellow pumpkin in tamarind sauce using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Parangikaai Kuzhambu / Yellow pumpkin in tamarind sauce:
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Yellow pumpkin.
- Make ready 1 of chilly slit green.
- Prepare 5 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 200 ml of tamarind or diluted tamarind Soaked extract.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Take of jaggery.
- Take 4 – 5 tbsps of sesame oil.
- Make ready 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Make ready 1 tsp of fenugreek.
- Get pinch of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of channa dal.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dal urid.
- Get 4 tbsps of sesame seeds (black / white).
- Get 2 tbsps of coconut grated.
- Prepare 7 of chillies dry red.
- Get 2 tbsps of fenugreek seeds.
- Get 2 tbsps of channa dal.
- Get 2 tbsps of coriander seeds.
Steps to make Parangikaai Kuzhambu / Yellow pumpkin in tamarind sauce:
- Firstly chop the pumpkin into huge chunks, steep the tamarind in luke warm water for 10 minutes..
- Take a wok / kadaai and firstly dry roast sesame seeds on medium heat, transfer it to a blender jar, add grated coconut to this, in the same wok roast all the ingredients given under "roasting and grinding" until aromatic and transfer this to same blender jar, grind it to a fine powder..
- In the same wok add sesame oil, on medium heat, temper mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida. Add the channa dal, urid dal, saute this until aromatic then add the chopped pumpkin with one slit green chilly..
- Saute the pumpkin until tender (will take about 4-5 minutes) on medium heat. Now add the tamarind extract and allow this to boil. Add required amount of salt..
- Once when this comes to a boil add few granules of jaggery, this is just to balance the taste do not add too much of it, because as it is the pumpkin is sweet in nature. Later add the freshly prepared powder to the boiling concoction and stir. Add about 200 ml of water to this, it will be too thick, so lean the consistency..
- Allow this to boil on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the kuzhambu becomes thick..
- Serve it hot with plain rice or you can serve it as an accompanimet with Manja Pongal / Turmeric Pongal..
Your State Of Health Can Be Effected By The Foods You Choose To Eat
One thing that some of you may already understand is that by ingesting the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. Its also wise to realize that there are foods that you’ll want to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These sorts of foods are packed with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. In this post we shall be going over foods that you ought to be eating that can help you stay healthy.
You will recognize that different kinds of berries can be really good for your health. You will find that most berries have substantial amounts of Vitamin C that you must understand is good for your body. Yet another thing you will realize is that the antioxidants in berries is actually higher than just about any other food that you may select to eat and this can aid with your circulatory system. Most individuals already realize that cells begin to break down in time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet will help keep your cells much healthier for longer periods of time.
One more thing you will want to be sure of is that your eating enough of is your vegetables as this will also be able to have a good affect on your health. Potassium is one of the things that you will locate in various vegetables, and naturally they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will also need. One of the veggies that will provide you with the potassium you need is broccoli. Spinach can also be something that you may wish to start eating more of as it has a lot more vitamins and minerals than other vegetables.
Also when you are searching for a snack to hold you over in between meals, grab a handful of nuts or even seeds. The majority of nuts will have lots of protein and you can additionally find that many nuts and seeds will even provide your body with vital Omega-3 and Omega-6. Your entire body will use these kinds of fatty acids as a source for creating hormones that your body requires to stay healthy. If you do not get the fatty acids you need your body will actually not be able to create a number of of the hormones that it requires.
Now when it comes to the key food items that you’ll have for dinner, you might want to be certain that you’re eating a good amount of fish, especially salmon, and lean protein. You will notice that salmon can also be full of Omega-3 and other nutrients. Now when you choose to have a steak for an evening meal one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will supply you with all the protein you will need for the day. To be able to reduce your fat intake you really should cut off any noticeable fat before you prepare the meats.
In addition when it comes to having a dessert following your meals you should think of having various citrus fruits. Together with vitamin C, you will realize that there are many other health benefits that you will find in these kinds of fruits. You may also want to mix a few things like orange sections, shredded coconut blended with a teaspoon of honey.
By following a few of the suggestions above you will see that you’ll be living a healthier life. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can get in any store is also not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.