Spicy Curry Pockets.
You can have Spicy Curry Pockets using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Curry Pockets
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 1 cup of Smoked Cumin Chicken.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Patak's Concentrated Curry Paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cold Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cornstarch.
- It’s of Crust.
- You need 1 cup of All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 stick of Light Unsalted Butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Ice-Cold Water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Course Ground Salt.
Spicy Curry Pockets step by step
- For this, I used my Smoked Cumin Chicken. You can use any leftover chicken, though. Finely dice 1 cup of chicken. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/364396-smoked-cumin-chicken.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, add chicken, curry paste, and 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- In a separate bowl or cup, stir together cornstarch and cold water until a smooth slurry has been made. Pour into boiling chicken mixture and cook until liquid thickens to a thick, gravy-like sauce. Remove from heat and let cool completely..
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- In a medium mixing bowl, pour in flour and butter. Using two knives or your hands, mix thoroughly until only pea-sized pellets of butter remain..
- Add ice water one tablespoon at a time until dough forms a soft ball. Don't overwork the dough, you'll melt the butter and lose the flakiness..
- Turn dough onto a clean, floured surface and roll evenly to a roughly 7×7-inch square. Cut in half to form two equal rectangles. Place rectangles on a baking sheet..
- Spread equal amounts of cooled chicken mixture lengthwise along the center of the rectangles. Wet the edges with additional cold water and seal tightly. Dampen the tops of the pockets with cold water and sprinkle evenly with course salt..
- Place in oven and bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until golden brown..