You can cook Pineapple Enchiladas using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pineapple Enchiladas
- You need of filling.
- It’s 2 each of chicken breasts.
- You need 1 cup of pineapple.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped orange pepper.
- You need 3/4 cup of onion chopped.
- You need 1 can of red enchilada sauce, 16oz.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic chopped.
- Prepare of assembly.
- You need 1 can of 14 or smaller can red enchilada sauce; recommend las palmas.
- It’s 5 each of corn and flour tortillas.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cilantro.
Pineapple Enchiladas instructions
- Cook chicken, 16oz enchilada sauce, pineapple, onion, and garlic in slow cooker for 4-6 hrs with cumin and chili powder..
- During last hour of slow cooking, use two forks and shred chicken breasts into small pieces..
- Layer bottom of 9×9 pan with chicken mixture and add a tortilla.
- Continue layering chicken mixture, cheese, and tortillas until filling is used. I do one middle layer with Parmesan cheese and all others with sharp cheddar but by all means cheese as appropriate!.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and small can of red sauce.
- Top assembled enchiladas with cilantro and bake for 30 min at 350.