You can cook Pocket Sandwiches using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pocket Sandwiches
- Prepare of Sandwich Fillings.
- It’s 2 tbsp of jam (any flavour works).
- It’s 2 tbsp of peanut butter (smooth or chunky doesnt matter).
- It’s 2 tbsp of tuna spread in mayo (i used the canned kind for convinience.).
- It’s 1 tbsp of sweet corn kernels, steamed (some store have it in the frozen section).
- You need of chicken mayo filling.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mayo.
- It’s 1/2 of chicken breast, boiled and shredded.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sweet corn kernels, steamed (some store have it in the frozen section).
- You need of making it.
- Prepare 12 slice of bread (any kind).
- It’s 1 cup of ( the wider the mouth, the bigger the pockets).
Pocket Sandwiches instructions
- decide what fillings you want in your pocket sandwiches. these are just some suggestions. they‘re meant to be easy and convinient to make for a school lunch, and kids can help with the "sealing" of the pockets for their snack.shpuld take no more than 5 mins to make..
- for chicken mayo filling, just mix the shredded chicken breast with mayo. add salt and pepper to taste if u like, and a half the sweet corn. makes enough filling for one pocket..
- making it: put the fillings in the center of one slice of bread. don't spread the jam out, it will,fill,the pocket nicely once you're done..
- you can add sweet corn to the tuna, personally I find the sandwich more interesting that way..
- cover with another slice of bread, and make,sure the edges line up..
- use the CUP and place it MOUTH DOWN over the filling. press the cup down onto the sandwich, sealing it and making a "pocket". think of the cup as a cookie cutter. there are square sandwich moulds available that you can use, but I just use a cup to be quick..
- the pocket sandwich should separate easily from,the crust. you can toast the pocket if you prefer. the leftover bread edges can be used in toast soldiers, eggy bread edges, or duck feed at your local park. enjoy!.