You can cook Stuffed Peppers using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Peppers
- You need 1 lb of ground chicken , turkey or ground beef.
- It’s 1 packages of chicken, turkey or pork sausage.
- It’s 28 oz of can of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 box of frozen spinach or bag fresh.
- It’s 2 cup of rice white or brown.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped fine.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic or to taste.
- Prepare 4 of peppers any colors, I like to mix.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of shredded cheese-I like Parmesan and Mozzarella.
Stuffed Peppers step by step
- Cut peppers either in half like boats or just the tops and clean out thoroughly. Wrap peppers in aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 350° oven. Make rice, either bagged or in rice cooker…whatever works for you..
- Sauteed onion in olive oil until golden. Add garlic, ground meat and sausage. Cook until just browned..
- Add crushed tomatoes and heat through..
- Add spinach and cook until wilted..
- Put mixture into peppers (remove foil) and add cooked rice as well. Stuff peppers snuggly and add cheese to top..
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly. Serve hot. Can be made ahead and then baked for 30 minutes..