You can have Chicken Sandwiches using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Sandwiches
- You need of For the filling:.
- It’s 2 of Chicken breasts, cooked, shredded.
- It’s 1 of or half cucumber deseeded (cut in to small chunks).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise 1/2 cup corn kernel (drained).
- It’s of Salt to taste Freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- It’s 2 tsp of Lemon juice.
- You need of For the assembling:.
- It’s 1 of cucumber cut into sliced.
- You need 10 slices of Bread, use up to 12 slices, use any type of bread.
- It’s of along with enough butter for spreading and grilling.
- You need of How to cook and make shredded chicken.
- You need 3 pounds of boneless chicken thighs combination, thighs and breast.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, peeled and sliced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and lightly crushed.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf 1 teaspoon salt.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare 1 of chicken cube (optional).
Chicken Sandwiches step by step
- Combine chicken, cucumber chunks, corn kernel, mayonnaise, salt, black pepper to taste and lemon juice in a bowl. Butter the bread and spread half of the slices with the chicken mixture and some lettuce and cucumber. Top with another slice of bread.(you can use any tyep of bread). Cut into triangle quarters, discarding crusts. They will keep fresh in the fridge for several hours if covered with a damp paper towel..
- Tip: If you more crunchy your sandwich brush your bread with butter and grilled in a hot griddle when the bread is cool. spread the chicken filling..
- #Cook_Chiken: Combine chicken, onion, garlic, bay leaf, salt, cumin, pepper and chiken cube in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add just enough water to cover the chicken. Turn heat to high, bring to a boil then remove any foam or scum that floats to the top..
- Adjust the heat so that the water simmers very gently around the chicken. Cook until chicken is very tender, about 1-hour. Transfer chicken to a cutting board. When it is cool enough to handle, use two forks or your fingers to shred the meat..
- #TO_FINISH: After removing the chicken, boil the liquid remaining in the saucepan until it has reduced by one-third, or until its flavor has concentrated. Spoon about 1 cup of the concentrated cooking liquid over the shredded chicken and toss to coat. Use within 2 to 3 days..
- Tip: If you add chiken cube check your salt quantity).