Spicy Sweet Sausage Skillet w Rice.
You can have Spicy Sweet Sausage Skillet w Rice using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Sweet Sausage Skillet w Rice
- You need 1 packages of Brown Rice.
- Prepare 1 packages of Sausages.
- You need 1 can of Pineapple in Juice.
- Prepare 1 medium of Red Onion.
- You need 1 pinch of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s 1 packages of Brussel Sprouts.
- You need 1 head of Garlic.
- You need 3 tbsp of Corn Starch.
- It’s 1 dash of Garlic Salt.
- You need 3 tsp of Oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar.
Spicy Sweet Sausage Skillet w Rice step by step
- Start Rice in a pot or Rice Cooker (I sometimes add a drizzle of pineapple juice in – but not too much or the sugars will burn) according to package directions..
- In a large skillet pour a few tablespoons of oil. Add red pepper flakes to taste – I add about a full teaspoon. Add garlic salt to taste – this depends how salty the keilbasa is that you are using. Turn the stove on low and allow the oil to warm..
- Chop your keilbasa or polish sausage or whatever meat you are using into bite sized pieces (again we love Adelle chicken sausages like sundried tomatoe and artichoke heart). Add it to the oil and turn up the heat. Add a bag of frozen brussel sprouts or halved fresh brussel sprouts once your sausage has browned..
- Once the brussel sprouts are also browned, add a chopped onion and some rough chopped garlic and turn the heat down. When your onions are just getting soft, add most of the juice from the can of pineapple and about 1/4 c of brown sugar or substitute. Allow this mixture to simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir every once in a while to prevent the sugar from burning..
- Mix some corn starch in a little (1/2 cup or so) bowl of water and mix well then stir into the mixture in the pan and stir well. This will thicken the sauce. Add in the pineapple pieces and cook an additional 5-10 minutes. Serve over your yummy rice! Sweet, spicy and savory. And cheap!.