Yeast Cheddar Biscuits. I will admit that when I first saw a biscuit recipe that used yeast, I was a bit skeptical, but they really work. Wonderful from-scratch yeast biscuits-golden and crusty outside and tender inside-were a staple Mom prepared regularly when I was growing up. Yeast Biscuits Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
Super easy golden cheddar biscuits drizzled with garlic parsley butter. Make sure you have some Easy Garlic Cheddar Biscuits. This is the perfect side for any soups, holiday parties or even brunch! You can have Yeast Cheddar Biscuits using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yeast Cheddar Biscuits
- It’s 1 packages of yeast.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 cup of sharp cheddar.
Watch this video to get my healthy and delicious cheddar biscuit recipe. You can also find this recipe and other recipes here. If making biscuits is intimidating to you, these easy Cheddar Drop Biscuits are your answer! They're much easier to make than the usual rolled and cut biscuits, and have a wonderful fluffy texture.
Yeast Cheddar Biscuits step by step
- Add warm water to the bowl and sprinkle the yeast over top. Let sit 10 mins until frothy..
- Add the oil, 1 egg, and sugar to bowl..
- Add flour, salt, and cheese, and mix on medium low speed with the hook until the dough holds together..
- Increase speed to medium and knead for 5 minutes..
- Transfer to large bowl that's been lightly greased..
- Cover with a damp towel and let rise for 2 hours..
- Punch dough down and let rise again for another 1 hour..
- Put dough on lightly floured surface..
- Divide the dough in half and cut each half into 4-6 pieces..
- Roll into rounds and place on greased baking sheet..
- Preheat oven to 350 letting dough rise on cookie sheet during preheating..
- Bake until golden brown..
- Great with butter on top. Enjoy!.
Reviews for: Photos of Cheddar Biscuits. Years of biscuit making have taught me that the fastest way to flakier biscuits is to grate cold butter on a box grater before adding it to your dry ingredients. Make these cheddar chive biscuits to go with your dinner tonight- they're light as can be, and full of so much cheese-y goodness! In a small bowl, mix the Cheddar with small handful of flour and, with the mixer still on low, add the cheese to the dough.. Light and airy cheesy biscuits packed with sharp cheddar and spicy fresh jalapeños.