Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, mediterranean inspired chicken stew with olives, tomatoes & potatoes. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have mediterranean inspired chicken stew with olives, tomatoes & potatoes using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes:
- Prepare 3 pounds of chicken pieces (I like bone-in, skin on).
- Make ready 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1.5 Tablespoons of flour.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Get 1 of onion, cut into 1/2" wide slices.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Get 3 of fresh tomatoes, cut into sixths.
- Make ready 1 of bay leaf.
- Make ready 1 Tablespoon of dried oregano (or 2 to 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh).
- Take 2 cups of unsalted liquid (any combo of water, dry white wine, or chicken or veg stock).
- Take 12 of olives.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of olive brine.
- Make ready of zest of half a lemon (optional).
- Make ready 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 pound of potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5-inch cubes.
- Take of chopped fresh parsley for finishing.
Steps to make Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes:
- Season chicken pieces with the salt and pepper and then dust on both sides with the flour..
- Preheat pot to medium high, add oil, then brown chicken, 4 to 5 minutes a side, or until each side is golden brown. Remove chicken from pot and set aside..
- Add onion and garlic and saute for about 3 minutes until onion turns translucent. Then add tomatoes, bay, oregano, and lemon zest, give it a stir, and let the herbs bloom for a minute or so..
- Add the chicken back along with olives, olive brine, liquid (stock or water). Give it a gentle stir and adjust salt seasoning if needed. Turn heat down to medium, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add potatoes and try to submerge them as under the liquid as much as you can. You might like to add another 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt to lend a little extra seasoning for the potatoes. Simmer, with lid askew for another 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally..
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley (and maybe add a couple of lemon wedges for squeezing onto the chicken right before eating). Enjoy with your choice of pasta, rice, or crusty bread. :).
Deciding On The Best Foods Can Help You Stay Fit And Healthy
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will notice that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the different foods that you will find at all of those fast food places. You will notice that the nutrition in these kinds of is non existent and the unwanted effects will be really bad. For this reason we are going to be going over the foods that you should be ingesting that will have a beneficial effect on your health.
Your state of health can be greatly enhanced by simply eating lots of berries. You will realize that most berries have substantial amounts of Vitamin C that you must know is good for your body. One more thing you will understand is that the antioxidants in berries is actually higher than just about any other food that you may pick to eat and this can assist with your circulatory system. Most men and women already understand that cells begin to break down with time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet can help keep your cells healthier for longer periods of time.
While most of you have been told again and again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a pretty good reason why. You may already realize that most of the vitamins you need each day can be found in various vegetables, but you will also be able to find necessary potassium in vegetables as well. One of the vegetables that can provide the potassium you’ll need is broccoli. You will in addition realize that a salad, made with spinach rather than lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
Also when you are trying to find a snack to hold you over between meals, reach for a handful of nuts or seeds. You will come to realize that these snack items tend to be loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts as well as seeds will have more than others. These types of fatty acids are necessary to helping your body create the proper amounts of hormones your body needs for a healthy lifestyle. One thing you may not realize is that a variety of hormones that you need will only be able to be produced when you have these kinds of fatty acids.
When it comes to sitting down to dinner you should also think about lean proteins and fish such as salmon. The reality that salmon is also full of Omega-3 is just one of the reasons it is a good choice, but it additionally contains other necessary nutrients you’ll need. Protein is vital for your diet, however you do not need to eat huge amounts, as a 3 ounces is all you actually need. So that you can minimize your fat intake you ought to cut off any noticeable fat before you cook the meats.
Also when it comes to having a dessert following your meals you should consider having various citrus fruits. Most of the nutrition in citrus fruit, including vitamin C, are in addition essential for maintaining your health. A thing you may want to try for one of your desserts is actually to mix coconut with orange sections and top the combination off with a teaspoon of honey.
For people who want to get started living a healthier life the tips above are able to help you do that. One thing that you ought to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can purchase in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.