Homemade Pizza Dough.
You can have Homemade Pizza Dough using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Pizza Dough
- You need of (3 3/4) Cups of Flour.
- Prepare of (1 1/2) Cups of warm Water.
- Prepare of (2 1/2) Tsp Yeast.
- You need of (1) Tsp Sugar.
- It’s of (3) Tbsp Olive Oil.
- It’s of (1) Tsp Salt.
Homemade Pizza Dough step by step
- My tap water on high is always perfect for the yeast. I let it run in measuring cup to warm the cup itself. Then I dispose enough water to have 1 1/2 Cups left. **(Of course water temp varies by household, so how ever you heat yours, just keep it under 115 degrees and you will be fine.)**.
- Pour warm water in a mixing bowl. Add yeast and Sugar. Mix well with a spoon. Let rest until it foams. About 2 minutes..
- Attach dough hook. Pour in the flour. Turn mixer on medium, add salt and (3) Tbsp Olive Oil..
- Continue kneading a few minutes. If it is to wet and it should be, then add 1 Tbsp of flour at a time to the dough while it kneads. Your goal is a moist sticky dough. Not dry, so it needs to be sticking to the bottom of bowl as it kneads just a little, about half dollar size on bottom then you know it's perfect. Let knead for about 3 more minutes..
- Let rise for about 30 minutes covered with a towel..
- Remove towel, knead in mixer again until it forms ball..
- Remove dough, place in a large plastic container. At least a gallon or more. Put plastic wrap on top loosely..
- This step is what makes this pizza dough stand out. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours. After 6 hours, take dough out of the container, place on counter, punch down devide into 2 and roll into 2 balls. Wrap each ball in plastic wrap and place back into the refrigerator. This makes the dough more stretchy, pliable with out ripping..
- Take dough out of the refrigerator. It's your call to let it warm up a while at room temp or not. I use it both ways, but letting it rest at room temperature an hour works for me well. Makes 2 pizzas or one really large and thick. I bake pizza on a preheated stone, works well. Enjoy!.