Kerala Fish Curry.. Kerala style fish curry made with Kodampuli – Malabar Tamarind and Sardines (Mathi Meen). Spicy fish curry made with coconut milk. Recipe with step by step pictures.
Thenga Paal Meen Curry ll Kerala Fish Curry. Kerala fish curry or Meen curry can be prepared in many ways. Here you can try a traditional fish curry recipe without using coconut or coconut milk.
Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, kerala fish curry.. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Kerala Fish Curry. is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Kerala Fish Curry. is something that I have loved my whole life.
Kerala style fish curry made with Kodampuli – Malabar Tamarind and Sardines (Mathi Meen). Spicy fish curry made with coconut milk. Recipe with step by step pictures.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have kerala fish curry. using 1 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Fish Curry.:
- Prepare 1 Kilogram of Fish.
Kerala fish curry is a very hot dish made of fish pieces cooked in a mixture of spices. It's extremely popular in Kerala, a Southwestern coastal state of India, where fish is abundant, but fortunately, you. Fish simmered in coconut milk is a favourite for any Keralite and one can make it easily at home. Marinate the fish to perfection and cook it for a subtly spiced and flavourful curry.
Instructions to make Kerala Fish Curry.:
- Ingredients: Fish (Preferably fleshy) 1 kg Mustard seeds- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tsp asafoetida – a pinch Garlic sliced – 1.5 tsp Gingersliced 1.5 tsp Curry leaves- 2 sprigs.
- Shallots -sliced- 4 to 5 nos chili powder- 4 tbsp (mix 2 tbsp of kashmiri chilly and red chilly powder) Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek powder- a pinch Gambooge(Kudampuli) – 2 to 3 small pieces Coconut Oil,Water, Salt – as required.
- Steps: Boil a cup of water, add gambooge and little salt and keep it aside Heat Coconut oil in clay pot Add mustard seeds,let it splutter. Add fenugreek seeds Add asafoetida.
- Now add Garlic, ginger, shallots, curry leaves (in this order, saute for 5 seconds after adding garlic and ginger) Saute until shallots turn golden brown. Add turmeric powder Switch off the flame and add chilli powder (mix of kashmiri chili powder and normal chilly powder).
- Add fenugreek powder Saute for about 2-3 minutes,stirring continuously ; take care not to burn the paste Now add about quarter cup of water, to make a thick paste of the mix (Do not add lot of water at this stage, consistency should be of a thick batter).
- Pick the gambooge from water and add that to this paste cook until all the spices are cooked well and oil leaves the side of the dish Now add required amount of water inlucding the water in which gambooge was soaked(as much required to soak all the fish pieces) Let the water boil..
- Add salt to taste Now add fish pieces Cover and cook over a medium heat,until fish is cooked..
- Note: I suggested adding gambooge to boiling water to get the juice out of it easily You can adjust amounts of kashmiri chilly and normal chilly according to your spice levels Make atleast 2 hrs before the meal..
- The step where you add water is important to get a thick gravy. Note that at least half a cup of water would be released from the fish.so measure accordingly.
- This recipe doesn't required to add coriander powder (if you add coriander powder even if the amount of water goes wrong you will get thick gravy, but the dish would not last longer). Fish curry always test best the next day!.
Kerala Fish curry cooked in red chilli, spices and well flavored with cocum. It is the typical Kottayam style red fish curry. Also called as mulakitta meen curry / meen vevichathu. This fish curry recipe comes to you from the Malabar coast – it's flavorful, slightly spicy and features two ingredients that are aplenty in the south Indian state of Kerala: fish and coconut. Kerala fish curry is a spicy traditional Kerala cuisine also called Meen mulaku curry. "Meen" is the Malayalam word for fish and "mulaku" means chilli.
Your Overall Health Can Be Affected By The Foods You Decide To Eat
The one thing that some of you may already recognize is that by eating the right foods can have a substantial effect on your health. One of the foods you should be avoiding is just about any foods you get at a fast food location. These types of foods are filled with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. In this posting we’re going to be going over foods that you should be eating that can help you stay in good health.
Your health can be greatly enhanced by simply eating lots of berries. You will realize that most berries have substantial amounts of Vitamin C that you must understand is good for your body. Yet another thing you will understand is that the antioxidants in berries will be higher than just about any other food that you may choose to eat and this can aid with your circulatory system. Most individuals already understand that cells begin to break down with time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet can certainly help keep your cells healthier for longer periods of time.
Yet another thing you will want to make sure of is that your eating enough of is your vegetables as this will additionally be able to have a good impact on your health. Potassium is amongst the things that you will find in various vegetables, and of course they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will also need. One of the veggies that will provide you with the potassium you need is broccoli. Spinach can also be something that you may wish to start eating more of as it has a lot more vitamins and minerals compared to other vegetables.
Even though some of you enjoy having your snack foods, as opposed to reaching for the chips try getting some nuts. Most nuts will have plenty of protein and you can also find that many nuts and seeds will also provide your system with essential Omega-3 and Omega-6. These kinds of fatty acids are essential to helping your body create the proper quantities of hormones your body needs for a healthy way of life. One thing you may not recognize is that several hormones that you need will only be able to be produced when you have these fatty acids.
With regards to sitting down to dinner you should also think about lean proteins and fish such as salmon. The beauty of salmon is that together with other nutrients it’s also loaded with Omega-3. Now when you choose to have a steak for supper one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will provide you with all the protein you’ll need for the day. Also before preparing your steak you will need to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from consuming extra fat.
Every person likes to have dessert following their meals and if you are one of those men and women you may want to consider some citrus fruit. Citrus fruits additionally present you with vitamin C, as well as other vitamins and also minerals that can certainly help keep you healthy. You may also want to put together a number of things like orange sections, shredded coconut mixed with a tea
spoon of honey.
By simply following a few of the suggestions above you will see that you will end up living a healthier life. Also if you cut out all the unhealthy food that you really should not be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.