BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits.
Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, bp's n'orleans shrimp n grits. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have bp's n'orleans shrimp n grits using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits:
- Get of for the shrimp.
- Make ready 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled, deveined.
- Get 1 lb of Andouille Sausage, sliced on the diagonal 1/2 inch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of creole seasoning.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Make ready 2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Make ready 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Take 1/2 stick of stick of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Get 2 of stalks celery, chopped.
- Get 1 of jalapeno, diced.
- Make ready 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- Take 1 of small red onion, diced.
- Make ready 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- Make ready of for the grits.
- Take 1 cup of grits.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Take 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef or chicken broth, low sodium + extra to thin grits as they cook.
- Get 1 stick of butter.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- Take 1 tsp of Creole seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of blk pepper.
- Make ready 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
Instructions to make BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits:
- In a large pot bring all liquids to boil, add butter and seasonings.
- Slowly stir in grits while whisking nonstop for about two minutes..
- Reduce heat to low and cook grits, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes..
- Adding extra broth as needed to keep the grits thin. Add cheese and whisk well, add more broth if needed..
- To prepare the shrimp, peel and devein shrimp, season with all the spices and set aside..
- In a large saute pan add butter and olive oil over medium high heat, add all the vegetables, except garlic and saute for 5 minutes, add garlic and saute 1 minute more..
- Add andouille sausage and saute about 10-15 minutes, until browned. Add shrimp and cook about 3-4 minutes are until no longer pink..
- Serve on top of hot grits…yes sir!.
Your Overall Health Can Be Effected By The Foods You Choose To Eat
When it comes to the foods that you eat, you will see that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food spot. These kinds of foods are filled with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. You will be happy to know that we are going to let you know a few of the foods that you should be eating every day.
Your health can be greatly improved by simply eating a lot of berries. You will realize that most berries have massive amounts of Vitamin C that you must know is good for your body. You will additionally find that berries have antioxidants which is not merely beneficial to your circulatory system but also for your basic health as well. Most people already realize that cells begin to break down with time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet will help keep your cells healthier for longer periods of time.
You must remember your parents telling you to actually eat your vegetables, that is mainly because this is very important for a healthy body. You may already realize that most of the vitamins you need on a daily basis can be found in a variety of vegetables, but you will also be able to find required potassium in vegetables as well. One of the veggies which will supply you with the potassium you need is broccoli. Spinach is also something that you may wish to start consuming more of as it has a lot more vitamins and minerals compared to other vegetables.
Also when you are looking for a snack to hold you over between meals, reach for a handful of nuts or seeds. You will come to discover that these snack items tend to be loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts and also seeds will have much more than others. Your system will use these types of fatty acids as a source for creating hormones that your body demands to stay healthy. The first thing you may not recognize is that various hormones that you need will only be able to be produced when you have these fatty acids.
Now when it comes to the primary food items that you should have for dinner, you might want to make sure you are eating a good amount of fish, particularly salmon, and lean protein. The reality that salmon is also full of Omega-3 is just one of the reasons why it is a good choice, but it also contains other essential nutrients you will need. Protein is essential for your diet, however you do not need to eat huge amounts, as a 3 ounces is all you actually need. Furthermore before cooking your steak you will want to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from eating extra fat.
Everyone likes to have dessert after their meals and if you are one of those people you may want to think about some citrus fruit. Citrus fruits also present you with vitamin C, along with other vitamins and minerals that can help keep you healthy. One desert that I have always enjoyed is orange pieces blended together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a light honey dressing.
For those of you who want to start living a healthier life the tips above are able to help you do that. Also if you eliminate all the unhealthy food that you shouldn’t be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.