Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, cheesy tuna broccoli casserole. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook cheesy tuna broccoli casserole using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole:
- Get 16 oz of pasta noodles such as Cellentani, Penne, Rotini (something good for holding sauce).
- Make ready 2 cup of broccoli florets – roughly chopped to bite size pieces (fresh steamed or frozen, thawed out is fine).
- Prepare 3 can of tuna in water – drained.
- Make ready 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of milk (I used a soup can filled 1 and 1/2 times).
- Prepare 12 oz of 2% Velveeta – cubed.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese – shredded (I used extra sharp Vermont white cheddar).
- Get 1 pinch of cayenne pepper OR nutmeg.
- Take of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of topping.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- Get 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
Steps to make Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole:
- In a large pot prepare pasta to package directions, cooking 2 minutes less than minimum cooking time listed on package. Drain in colander, return to pot (off heat) and cover. While waiting for water to boil and pasta to cook, prep and cook your broccoli..
- IF USING FRESH BROCCOLI: Separate florets, place in a steamer basket in a medium sauce pan with about an inch of water in the bottom, cover and steam until just fork tender. Mine took about 15 minutes. Remove from steamer basket, set aside, spread out on cutting board, let cool slightly so not to burn yourself and give it a rough chop. IF USING FROZEN: Use broccoli florets, thaw completely in a colander so any excess moisture drains away, then spread out and roughly chop the same as you would the fresh. When ready dump broccoli in pot with pasta..
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9×13" casserole dish with butter or cooking spray. Set aside. Get ready to make your sauce now!.
- In the same sauce pan you steamed your broccoli, pour out water, add both cans of soup and milk. Stir with a whisk to combine and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stirring with whisk frequently to prevent sticking..
- Add cubed Velveeta, continue simmering until Velveeta is completely melted, stirring constantly to prevent sticking (I still used my whisk). NOTE: If simmer is too fast and you feel sticking on the bottom of the pan, reduce heat to medium low..
- When Velveeta is completely melted, reduce heat to low, add a pinch of cayenne or nutmeg and shredded cheese and whisk in until cheese is completely melted. Taste and add salt & pepper as desired (I only add pepper to this, everything else is usually salted enough)..
- Pour finished sauce into the pot with pasta and broccoli. Add drained tuna. Gently fold everything together until incorporated. Pour into prepared casserole and spread out evenly..
- In a small bowl mix together topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over casserole. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until the top is golden and edges are bubbling..
- When done, remove from oven. Let rest 10 minutes, dish up and enjoy!.
- NOTE: I personally prefer fresh broccoli for this recipe. It is quicker than waiting for frozen to thaw and tastes much better. If you do use frozen, you will have to start thawing at least 30 minutes before starting pasta. You could also thaw on defrost setting in your microwave or in the package in your fridge over night. With all thawing methods, you should still drain off excess moisture..
Deciding On The Best Foods Can Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy
Many people do not fully grasp that the foods you decide on can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. Its also wise to realize that there are foods that you will want to avoid at all costs and that would be most food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These sorts of foods are loaded with bad fat and also have very little nutritional value. You will be delighted to know that we are going to tell you a few of the foods that you ought to be eating every day.
You will find that various kinds of berries can be very good for your health. You will find that most berries have huge amounts of Vitamin C that you must realize is good for your body. Almost all berries also have an awful lot of anti-oxidants, which is incredibly beneficial to your overall health and is specifically good for your circulatory system. You may additionally be aware that antioxidants will be able to help make sure you have healthy cells and it can in addition help to stop the deterioration of the cells.
Yet another thing you will want to make sure of is that your having enough of is your vegetables as this will in addition be able to have a good impact on your health. Potassium is one of the things that you will locate in various vegetables, and of course they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will also need. As an example, broccoli has a good amount of potassium to provide you with your daily recommended allowances. Another thing you may want to try is the next time you make a salad try using spinach rather than your traditional lettuce as you will realize that there are a lot more nutrients that can be found in those leaves.
Also when you are looking for a snack to hold you over in between meals, reach for a handful of nuts or perhaps seeds. One of the health benefits of these kinds of nuts and seeds will be the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be found in them. Omega-3 and Omega-6 are known as essential fatty acids and they are essential because your body makes use of these fatty acids to keep your hormone levels where they should be. Unless you get the fatty acids you’ll need your body will actually not be able to create a few of the hormones that it needs.
Now when it comes to the primary food items that you have for dinner, you may well want to be certain that you’re eating a good amount of fish, especially salmon, and lean protein. The beauty of salmon is that along with other nutrients it is also loaded with Omega-3. Then when it comes to lean protein, you should keep in mind that you only need to have about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. Additionally before preparing your steak you really need to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from consuming extra fat.
Furthermore when it comes to having a dessert soon after your meals you should consider having various citrus fruits. All the nutrition in citrus fruit, including vitamin C, are also necessary for maintaining your health. You may also want to put together a number of things like orange sections, shredded coconut mixed with a teaspoon of honey.
If you determine that your overall health is important to you, you ought to take these recommendations to heart. The one thing that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can easily buy in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.