Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole. Stir in mafalda, tuna and broccoli for a hearty casserole, ready in a snap! For easy substitutions, use Cheddar cheese soup or cream of asparagus soup instead of broccoli soup and frozen asparagus cuts for the broccoli. It consisted of noodles, canned tuna, and a couple of cans of cream of mushroom soup.
Pour in the cream sauce and stir well to combine. Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic American dish. Egg noodles are combined with canned tuna in a creamy sauce and then baked.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, cheesy tuna broccoli casserole. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Stir in mafalda, tuna and broccoli for a hearty casserole, ready in a snap! For easy substitutions, use Cheddar cheese soup or cream of asparagus soup instead of broccoli soup and frozen asparagus cuts for the broccoli. It consisted of noodles, canned tuna, and a couple of cans of cream of mushroom soup.
Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook cheesy tuna broccoli casserole using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole:
- Make ready 16 oz of pasta noodles such as Cellentani, Penne, Rotini (something good for holding sauce).
- Take 2 cup of broccoli florets – roughly chopped to bite size pieces (fresh steamed or frozen, thawed out is fine).
- Take 3 can of tuna in water – drained.
- Take 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Take 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of milk (I used a soup can filled 1 and 1/2 times).
- Make ready 12 oz of 2% Velveeta – cubed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese – shredded (I used extra sharp Vermont white cheddar).
- Take 1 pinch of cayenne pepper OR nutmeg.
- Take of salt and pepper.
- Make ready of topping.
- Take 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- Get 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Take 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
Peas are a classic addition and sometimes you see corn mixed in as well. Cheddar cheese has become a popular addition to this classic dish to add more flavor. Tuna casseroles are easy on the budget and always comforting. Use a homemade pastry or refrigerated.
Steps to make Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole:
- In a large pot prepare pasta to package directions, cooking 2 minutes less than minimum cooking time listed on package. Drain in colander, return to pot (off heat) and cover. While waiting for water to boil and pasta to cook, prep and cook your broccoli..
- IF USING FRESH BROCCOLI: Separate florets, place in a steamer basket in a medium sauce pan with about an inch of water in the bottom, cover and steam until just fork tender. Mine took about 15 minutes. Remove from steamer basket, set aside, spread out on cutting board, let cool slightly so not to burn yourself and give it a rough chop. IF USING FROZEN: Use broccoli florets, thaw completely in a colander so any excess moisture drains away, then spread out and roughly chop the same as you would the fresh. When ready dump broccoli in pot with pasta..
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9×13" casserole dish with butter or cooking spray. Set aside. Get ready to make your sauce now!.
- In the same sauce pan you steamed your broccoli, pour out water, add both cans of soup and milk. Stir with a whisk to combine and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stirring with whisk frequently to prevent sticking..
- Add cubed Velveeta, continue simmering until Velveeta is completely melted, stirring constantly to prevent sticking (I still used my whisk). NOTE: If simmer is too fast and you feel sticking on the bottom of the pan, reduce heat to medium low..
- When Velveeta is completely melted, reduce heat to low, add a pinch of cayenne or nutmeg and shredded cheese and whisk in until cheese is completely melted. Taste and add salt & pepper as desired (I only add pepper to this, everything else is usually salted enough)..
- Pour finished sauce into the pot with pasta and broccoli. Add drained tuna. Gently fold everything together until incorporated. Pour into prepared casserole and spread out evenly..
- In a small bowl mix together topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over casserole. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until the top is golden and edges are bubbling..
- When done, remove from oven. Let rest 10 minutes, dish up and enjoy!.
- NOTE: I personally prefer fresh broccoli for this recipe. It is quicker than waiting for frozen to thaw and tastes much better. If you do use frozen, you will have to start thawing at least 30 minutes before starting pasta. You could also thaw on defrost setting in your microwave or in the package in your fridge over night. With all thawing methods, you should still drain off excess moisture..
Colorful carrots, broccoli and red bell peppers find their way into a familiar casserole of tuna, celery, onion and cream of mushroom soup. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and bake until warm and bubbly. How to make Tuna Broccoli Casserole – prep & cook time, serving size, nutritional info, ingredients. This cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is the EASIEST meal you'll make all week and is sure to become a new family favorite! Our very favorite casserole recipe is this Chicken and Rice Casserole and it's one of the most-requested meals from both the boys and Chris – they just can't get.
The Foods You Pick To Feed On Are Going To Effect Your Health
The one thing that some of you may already know is that by eating the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is just about any foods you get at a fast food location. These types of foods are loaded with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. In this posting we shall be going over foods that you need to be eating that can help you stay healthy and balanced.
One of the first forms of foods you ought to be eating plenty of, is various berries. The amount of vitamin C that can be obtained in berries, is one of the main reasons you need to be eating berries. Another thing you will recognize is that the antioxidants in berries is higher than just about any other food that you may select to eat and this can help with your circulatory system. Another thing you will recognize that these antioxidants can help you with will be keeping your cells healthy, this can help your body to fight off a number of diseases.
While most of you have been told time and time again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a really good reason why. Along with possessing a variety of vitamins and minerals, you will also find that some vegetables also provide potassium. One of the veggies which will provide you with the potassium you will need is broccoli. You will also find that a salad, made with spinach instead of lettuce, can provide your body with many more
Even though some of you like to have your snack foods, as opposed to reaching for the chips try grabbing some nuts. You will come to realize that these snack items are generally loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts and seeds will have much more than others. These kinds of fatty acids are essential to helping your body produce the proper quantities of hormones your body needs for a healthy way of life. A number of these hormones that are needed can only be produced by having these fatty acids within your diet.
Now when it comes to the primary food items that you have for dinner, you might want to be certain that you’re eating lots of fish, particularly salmon, and lean protein. You will notice that salmon is additionally full of Omega-3 and various other nutrients. Now when you elect to have a steak for an evening meal one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will provide you with all the protein you’ll need for the day. So that you can limit your fat intake you really should cut off any visible fat before you prepare the meats.
Furthermore when it comes to having a dessert following your meals you should think of having various citrus fruits. Citrus fruits also present you with vitamin C, along with other vitamins and also minerals that can certainly help keep you healthy. One desert that I have always loved is orange pieces combined together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a gentle honey dressing.
By simply following a few of the suggestions above you will notice that you can be living a healthier life. One thing that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can purchase in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.